Manila Police Tape Over the Muzzles of their Handguns for Christmas Holidays

This is a discussion on Manila Police Tape Over the Muzzles of their Handguns for Christmas Holidays within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In order to prevent police officers from indiscriminately firing their handguns in the air to celebrate the festive holiday season, the police chief of Manila ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manila Police Tape Over the Muzzles of their Handguns for Christmas Holidays

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Manila Police Tape Over the Muzzles of their Handguns for Christmas Holidays

In order to prevent police officers from indiscriminately firing their handguns in the air to celebrate the festive holiday season, the police chief of Manila ordered that the muzzles of all officer handguns should be taped over, in order to prevent their misuse. Such gun fire has been a great public danger in recent years, and officials want to make sure that none of the illegal gunfire comes from policemen.

To further insure a safe Christmas, Manila police made raids on a number of toy stores, and confiscated over 300 toy guns, preventing them from getting into the hands of children. Officers used their police cars to roll over and crush the plastic toy guns, completely destroying them.

Merry Christmas from Manila!!

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...stroy_toy_guns

2. Remove Ads

Wow.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

What a practical use of PD time...crushing toys.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, I'm sure it won't be long before we see this in the United States. Just look at the Bash-O-Matic machine that they have chewing up little kids toy guns in Providence, RI. Trying to turn all of the little kids into a bunch of future anti's.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...drens-toy-guns
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I was in the Philippines a few times in the early eighties. I couldn't even imagine what it's like now. Beautiful places in the country, and cities built out of ruin (corruption). Something like this really doesn't surprise me even now. I'd say more, but I'm trying to cut down on the long replies.

What a bunch of IDIOTS!!!!!!
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Is Manila a suburb of NY, DC, or Chicago?

We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Its nice to know that we don't have a corner on the population of idiots in the world.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    The philappinas I work with carry as a matter of course when they go back, so do the men. I guess it depends on who you know to pay off.

Must be really hard to find a roll of tape in the phillipines,or time consuming to remove the tape,fire celebratory shots,retape and deny any knowledge
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I hope they have some sort of safeguard to ensure that the piece of tape is the right one, and not a replacement.

As far as the toy guns, some of them are so realistic, I can understand it. When a 8-10 year old points a fake gun at you, you need to make a split second decision as to if it is real or a toy. The majority of outcomes for such a situation do not end well. I would up breaking a lot of toy guns in Iraq for this reason. Now, I ran around the woods a lot with toy guns as a kid. Most of them were clearly fake, had right orange tips and were odd colors and stuff. But I also knew better than to point them at the police.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

CHP at one time had tape seals on the slides of their shotguns. If the shotgun was racked, it required a memo as to the reason.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

They are drowning in the Kool-Aid there.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Wow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links