GOOD/BAD: 5 Sentenced, Threats being made to witnesses.

This is a discussion on GOOD/BAD: 5 Sentenced, Threats being made to witnesses. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You do the crime, now do the time. http://thetandd.com/news/local/artic...cc4c002e0.html...

You do the crime, now do the time.

http://thetandd.com/news/local/artic...cc4c002e0.html
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

A group of cockroachs, who had the whole colony come to court, some which had to be ejected.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

As he was being sentenced, Shivers' attention had to be brought back to the bench by his attorney. As Pascoe spoke, Shivers glared at the prosecutor.

These dirtbags will never again set foot on the open streets of society.
    Shivers and his dirtbag friends will be glaring though, at the line of Buba's waiting for a date outside of their cells.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Wow thats insane. Good for the seventeen year old that testified but what was his role in the whole deal?

Good for the 17 yr old to have the courage to do it, and the witnesses still testifying. I say that, because here some folks have gotten off... because witnesses were threatened and quickly changed their story on the stand and claiming they didn't know, couldn't remember, was mistaken, etc.

I was the only witness to a murder in Houston when I was 19 yrs old. I ran to him to provide "aide" but they had shot him in the head and he was obviously dead before he ever hit the ground. Then some women came out of her house yelling "he killed him, he killed him", and I yelled back... just call 911 and tell them the police and an ambulance are needed.. NOW.

The police asked me if I saw anything, expecting an answer of "nope, I didn't see nothing". Instead they got .... here's a description of the car, year, make model and color ... the tag numer .... and there were 5 men inside, what wearing ..... and what the shooter looked like and what he was wearing. The police officer was shocked.... he asked if I actually saw it, and I told them yes... they pointed the gun at me first and then turned toward the other guy and shot him.... he asked if I would testify. I told him, "OF COURSE I WOULD testIFY". He kept asking me, are you SURE you are willing to testify ? He then told me , most people won't for fear of getting killed themselves.

They soon caught the guys, 1 mile away at a convenience store. They had guns on them, the guy who I had described as the shooter had a gun on him (revolver) with spent rounds in the wheel. They said it was "the description" that allowed them to catch them so quickly.

I never questioned testifying. But, I do understand the "pressure" that can be on a kid ... in that type of situation. My personal feelings were, they can kill me too, but they won't get off for murder as long as I'm alive. They "plead" guilty and confessed when the defense attry knew there was an eye witness , so I never had to testify.

God bless him for standing up. We don't fight evil by running away from it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    These dirtbags will never again set foot on the open streets of society.
    Sadly, as I didn't see the news article say, without parole, I don't share your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    Sadly, as I didn't see the news article say, without parole, I don't share your optimism.
    Perhaps, but that won't make the line any shorter.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Hoefully these street vermin will never see the light of day as free men in their lifetime.

interesting how they try to paint the witness.

He's a liar trying to save his own skin.

He's still facincg his charges apparently.

Amazing how they try to paint these knucledraggers as choirboys all the time.

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today
    facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links