Raisin' Kids the RIGHT way!

This is a discussion on Raisin' Kids the RIGHT way! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Dihappy I can agree that there should not be a law requiring anyone from having to store their guns in a gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raisin' Kids the RIGHT way!

Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy
    I can agree that there should not be a law requiring anyone from having to store their guns in a gun safe, but common sense to me dictates it is most definitely a safe thing to do.
    Welcome to the forum Dihappy! You could also look at it that if common sense was REALLY involved, all the members of the house would know how to use the guns safely, and they certainly wouldnt being laying out in the open for a BG to see. Safes are all fine and dandy for your old rifles and such.... but you HSD firearm it doesnt make too much sense!

2. Remove Ads

Outstanding. I take my 11 year old daughter out to range all the time. She loves to shoot. The first rifle she ever shot was an AR-15 and the first pistol she ever shot was a Springfield XD-40 Service. Start them off right and they should be safe for a lifetime.

I agree with Liberty because times have changed and are things are getting worse everyday. Teach them about the weapons because you never know.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

VIP Member
    I taken my two daughters to the range many times but they just do not have any interest. They are more concern with having an ipod in one ear and the telephone in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaminm0110
    Welcome to the forum Dihappy! You could also look at it that if common sense was REALLY involved, all the members of the house would know how to use the guns safely, and they certainly wouldnt being laying out in the open for a BG to see. Safes are all fine and dandy for your old rifles and such.... but you HSD firearm it doesnt make too much sense!
    Hi Benjamin and thanks for the welcome.

I agree that all should know how to handle any of the household weapons, but a burglar with enough time (and one who has burglarized before) will know where to look for hidden items and may very well be able to locate hidden weapons.

Its not a chance im willing to take.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it...."
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links