UGLY: ABC Pushes New "Gun Control" Documentary

This is a discussion on UGLY: ABC Pushes New "Gun Control" Documentary within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ABC is pushing a new Brady Bunch documentary and have the gall to suggest the group isn't "anti-gun!" http://www.mrc.org/biasalert/2010/20101227121010.aspx What a bunch of maroons. The ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UGLY: ABC Pushes New "Gun Control" Documentary

Exclamation UGLY: ABC Pushes New "Gun Control" Documentary

ABC is pushing a new Brady Bunch documentary and have the gall to suggest the group isn't "anti-gun!"

http://www.mrc.org/biasalert/2010/20101227121010.aspx

What a bunch of maroons. The sad part is that a whole lot of Americans will jump on board. Don't think for a hot second that this group has gone away. They gave Obama an "F" for his term of office (so far) and they were betting he'd lead the way to total confiscation which hasn't been the case. That's because, politically speaking, Obama isn't stupid. He knows the issue is radioactive and he has bigger fish to fry. But if he gets re-elected (and he MIGHT), then watch out. Look for this issue to stay front and center to any future liberal agenda in any party, including the Republicans. Everybody has their set of antigun politicians. It's a disease for which we have to constantly scan, everywhere.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

I think gun shows should be held to the same standards as gun shops.

Senior Moderator
    I don't think there should be any standards at all. Standards are overated.

Right now, if you want to buy a firearm, the Government can tell you NO.
    For what reason? There dosent have to be one.

Heres a fact that few people know. The National Check System was down on the day after Thanksgiving, so most gun shops lost sales on the biggest shopping day of the year. They couldnt sell guns because the system (NICS) was down. For what reason? It dosent matter.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by javahawk View Post
    Why? Are you saying individuals should not be allowed to sell guns without government approval?
    How about selling a car? Is it the individuals responsiblity to make sure the man has no dui's in his past or maybe a reckless driving charge? What about a camera, should we have to check to make sure that he hasn't misused one before? Where is this garbage going to end?
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

There isn't much evidence to suggest a need for this.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

That is one of the most illogical and anti-gun thoughts I have encountered yet on a gun forum, by someone I presume to be a gun owner and shooter.

It is none of the government's business what I do with my private possessions, nor what I own providing I am not harming an innocent third or fourth party. It's not the government's business to tell me what I can own or whom I can sell them to. With that said, opinions are like rectums, most of us have them. Some just put forth more fecal material than others.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; December 27th, 2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: formatting

WOW, ...and your point is....

Here speaketh the History teacher: Anytime in history where weapons have been controlled by government in their use and possession by individuals FREEDOM has been lost. That's the big picture. The main point is this: REGISTRATION ALWAYS LEADS TO CONFISCATION. ALWAYS!!! Point of purchase "background checks" are just a backdoor manner of "registration." Remember, to confiscate, the government has to know where the guns are. Even under the Reagan and Bush administrations, the BATFE (our home grown version of the Gestapo) it was Federal Law that all info on the form 4473 had to be destroyed after 24hrs. Do you really believe that the autocrats who run that agency have been following those directives? If you do, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Cheap. Somehow the agents and leadership of that agency have ALWAYS attracted the thugs who seem to somehow ooze in and inhabit the noble profession of law enforcement. Every profession has it's own version. There are power mad thugs everywhere. It's too bad these happen to have guns and "STEENKIN BODGES" (catch the movie reference?) and an infrastructure in the leadership to urge them forward. Cheered on, of course by the anti-freedom media.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

my buddies & i do what we do

Quote Originally Posted by Buckj View Post
    my buddies & i do what we do
    This means ... WHAT, exactly??

I second that, when the gun shops no longer have to run checks.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

In NC they are. And so are the individuals. There is no "gun show loophole" here. I would bet some folks would be surprised that gun laws still apply at a gun show, whatever they may be. But surprise of all surprises, some folks, even gun owners, break the law. Does it really matter whether they break the law at a gun show, local 7-11 parking lot, or through a local sale paper? Funny thing about laws, they don't really prevent crime. They just lay out the punishment for it.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

They are here... are you saying they aren't where you live ?

You can't buy a gun from a dealer at a gun show that's 1) not an ffl , 2) doing a 4473, and 3) a NICS check. Now , you can buy from an individual walking around the show and wants to do a personal sale, but even then.... most will pay an FFL dealer there $20 to do a transfer to be safe.

There are NO dealers selling guns here, without a 4473, background check (NICS), etc.

What they are trying to stop , is anyone being able to do a personal sale,.... anywhere. Period. There is not gun show loophole. Believe me, I spent some hours talking with my Congressman's staff and going thru it with them .... and showing them ... it's bogus.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

"Gun Show Loophole" is just another catchword scheme aimed at getting Gun Control over the masses by the rulers.

Biker

"Gun Show Loophole" is just another catchword scheme aimed at getting Gun Control over the masses by the rulers.

Bingo!!!
    The far left media organizations like ABC, and CNBC are working in concert to drum up support for closing the non-existent "gunshow loophole". They also want a new AWB and regulation of firearms by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links