California outlaws inet pistol ammo orders

This is a discussion on California outlaws inet pistol ammo orders within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Seems I remember having to show ID and have my name written down when I bought ammo in California back around 70. Does anyone remember ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California outlaws inet pistol ammo orders

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Seems I remember having to show ID and have my name written down when I bought ammo in California back around 70. Does anyone remember that? Was it federal?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Maybe California passed a bill to outlaw common sense?
    They did that years ago!

Just wanted to point out that alot of people have left California already. Caucasians are now the minority in California, outnumbered by combination of Asians, Hispanics, other non-white races. Look here http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/...in282687.shtml Its my understanding that in the initial bill, they included reloading components. But if Cali can't stop drugs, illegal aliens or gang bangers, they won't be able to stop people getting bullets.

Many people I know locally have come together in small groups to buy ammo in bulk from out of state / online before the ammo law takes effect. People I know, that never buy more than 50 rounds at a time, are buying 1000s.

Also, Just to be clear, many of us in CA didn't vote for this law. San Francisco, LA, Sacramento, & So. Cal control the vote.

Central CA is different. Example: My Sheriff is as close to Shall issue as it gets. Yes, here in CA, there are Pro-CCW counties/Sheriffs.

There was an active effort to split CA. Coastal & Southern CA as one 1/2. Central CA & NorCal as the other 1/2.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CenCal View Post
    There was an active effort to split CA. Coastal & Southern CA as one 1/2. Central CA & NorCal as the other 1/2.
    Southern Oregon had wanted to join in that new state too.

As liberal as Oregon is, though, we are still mainly native born citizens. In contrast, a huge part of California's population ( 27% ) were born outside the USA. They were not raised under American values.

So far, the liberals here have backed off on pursuing new gun laws or restrictions of any kind. Not only is Oregon a shall issue state, it is even one of the few states left where one can still own fully auto firearms.

Makes me glad I live in Arkansas.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    I wish. All CA gun laws should be challenged, if you ask me. Very little common sense in that state.
    Agreed.

Lots of FUD going on here. First, there is NO 50 round limit. Second, it is for 'handgun" ammo only. The problem is that the legislature never specifically defined what that is so now a judge will either "know" what "handgun" ammo is or will toss that part of the law. The interstate issue has a slight problem since shippers cannot be forced to check ID, etc. Maine tried a similar law just a couple years ago, to require ID checks for purchasers of cigarettes. SCOTUS tossed that law unanimously! 9-0! AB962 is already facing a court challenge by some very skilled 2A attorneys. Parts of AB962 have already gone into effect though, but those aren't really problematic. Keeping ammo displays behind the sales counter or otherwise not where customers can handle (shoplift) the ammo, like in a locked cage. I don't see that as any more of a problem than keeping cigarettes behind the counter at the stop-n-rob convenience store.

On a side note, CA is now changing to a more "secure" (anti-counterfeit) drivers license. There have been "delays" in getting the new photo ID to residents. To purchase a gun, the FFL requires a current CA DL with photo. The temporary "extension" license has no photo and the photo DL is expired. That has put many prospective gun buyers in a legal limbo, disallowing them to exercise their 2A right to buy a gun. There is a current legal challenge going on to resolve this. But, if it isn't resolved, it could play right into toasting AB962 for the same reason. If you can't use your expired photo DL as valid ID and the ammo seller won't accept a temporary handwritten (form) DL, that CA buyer cannot buy ANY ammunition restricted by AB962. I wonder how long that would stand in court. BTW, note that CA's 2A attorneys are challenging many of CA's gun laws in FEDERAL court instead of state court due to the generally more favorable (unbiased) outlook held by federal judges. The findings are even more binding than a local superior court judge's.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post

These ammo restrictions for hunting have all been deemed to be necessary in order to save the California Condor:

Is that the Condor or Pelosi?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No coincidence that the states run by liberals who deny 2A rights are also broke while having the highest taxes in the country

CA,NJ, NY NJ. Great examples of what is wrong with liberal infested state governments

Epic fail
    Attached Images

Commerce clause?

Isn't this what the commerce clause in the U.S. Constitution was supposed to prevent?

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Wow! makes me glad to live in Canada....50 rds a month, I blow that off in the first 20 minutes of shooting every week.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Is that the Condor or Pelosi?

Actually, I need to fess up and admit that the photo is really of Pelosi's better looking younger sister.

There are reports that Pelosi is being considered for a leading role in the new re-make of "The Wizard of Oz":

I am so glad I got out of California ten years ago.
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....t-restrictions
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links