UGLY: Marine, wife attacked by teens after showing of "Little Fockers"

This is a discussion on UGLY: Marine, wife attacked by teens after showing of "Little Fockers" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What is wrong with people today? We are now reaping the benefits of a generation of liberalism run amok! That's what's wrong. Almost 3 decades ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UGLY: Marine, wife attacked by teens after showing of "Little Fockers"

What is wrong with people today? We are now reaping the benefits of a generation of liberalism run amok! That's what's wrong.

Almost 3 decades of diminishing values. Values are not taught in schools because values are discriminatory. People do what they want with no repercussions because we teach kids nothing is their fault. Kids are taught in school that the values parents try to instill in their kids are based on the parents own prejudices and having a prejudice is wrong. Kids are taught in school that the tenants of their religious beliefs held by their church for millennium are wrong because they discriminate. Wonder why kids can't pray in school?

This has been happening slowly for a generation. And now we are merely reaping the benefits of people not paying attention of the progressive movement which has taken over our learning institutions. It wasn't until the progressive movement infiltrated government and made an overarching move that this administration has done did people finally begin to wake up.

It will probably take another generation to fix it. If it can be fixed at all. It may be too late. Rome didn't fall in a day, but it fell none the less.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    What is wrong with people today? We are now reaping the benefits of a generation of liberalism run amok! That's what's wrong.

Almost 3 decades of diminishing values. Values are not taught in schools because values are discriminatory. People do what they want with no repercussions because we teach kids nothing is their fault. Kids are taught in school that the values parents try to instill in their kids are based on the parents own prejudices and having a prejudice is wrong. Kids are taught in school that the tenants of their religious beliefs held by their church for millennium are wrong because they discriminate. Wonder why kids can't pray in school?

This has been happening slowly for a generation. And now we are merely reaping the benefits of people not paying attention of the progressive movement which has taken over our learning institutions. It wasn't until the progressive movement infiltrated government and made an overarching move that this administration has done did people finally begin to wake up.

It will probably take another generation to fix it. If it can be fixed at all. It may be too late. Rome didn't fall in a day, but it fell none the less.
    I agree.
    Too many people see "shades of grey" when things are really black and white. I doubt it can be "fixed", but maybe the ending can be stalled. That is the best I can hope and work for.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    The trick for me since signs in Oklahoma carry no legal weight and I'd be carrying, sign or no sign is this: when to draw. If my fiance and I leave the theater and find ourselves surrounded by a group of 10 girls and 7 guys with malicious intent, do I wait for a move or do I draw immediately and exit stage left? I'm tempted to take the second option. If 15-20 people surround me and start yelling, I'd be highly tempted to draw immediately out of fear for myself and my fiance. I will not allow the situation to progress to the point where she might get hurt. I can't allow that to happen. And the easiest way to ensure that is to preempt any possible attack.

That would be much easier said than done if you had been in this particular situation. Remember that a far larger crowd had gathered to watch the confrontation, and most likely even egg the aggressors on.

You might be able to deal with the initial attackers, but you would risk provoking the rest of the crowd, who might then join in. One could literally ignite a race riot in a situation like this one, by shooting a bunch of black teenagers.

There were a number of ways that this incident could have exploded into something much bigger and worse. Thank goodness, though, it did not.

I'm not surprised by anything anymore. Youth of today are growing up in a far different world than most of us and the social impact of this de-sensitization and demoralization is leading to these types of encounters being more common. This type of group attack is one reason I carry as well as the main reason I don't go to movies, malls, or anywhere else unless I have to. I did go to a large cinema complex not long ago for my daughter's bday party. We invited a bunch of kids and they all piled in our van and my truck and went. They had a party room, game room, toured the behind the scenes deal, and saw a movie. I carried a 13+1 9mm with two spare mags plus a 38spcl revolver weak side. No law against it in VA and it wasn't posted. I kept it concealed at all times. I ventured to the mall with my family once this Christmas season...it's enough to remind me why I don't go to such places much anymore. Large crowds of people who don't care about anyone or anything but themselves. I'll just skip that kind of scene every chance I get. I'll just keep going out to eat at the local places that the old fogies like while the youngsters go to town for the chain restaurants. The older I get, the more I like old fogies.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Ya'all talk as if this is a new problem....lack of respect.

When I was in college in the 70's, I was sent to a public school to student teach a batch of 16 year old brats. After about a day, I wanted to beat each and everyone of them so bad that I dropped my quest for a teaching certificate and changed to Criminal Justice.

What's wrong with these kids? Not brought up right in part because the "system" doesn't allow their parents to hold them accountable for mis-deeds, and partially because their parents are too busy to notice same. I really don't care which...I hold them accountable and will treat them and any other person as they would treat me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It would be a good move Ex-... Good luck on that.

^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck and hope you can make the move!!!!

Jang said it well.

You don't have to dress like a Mexican Bandito, but you should take a more realistic approach to protecting yourself, and have the right "medicine".
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sadly, TWO of the three times I've pulled a firearm on another human involved kids of 16 and younger. One, similar to this story. BOTH involving MS13 members (yes, the children), as I was told by LE following each incident

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links