Bad : Armed Robbery in Wal-Mart Parking Lot

This is a discussion on Bad : Armed Robbery in Wal-Mart Parking Lot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; SA, for all its worth, is not an end all, be all. There are times you will wind up behind the eight ball, SA or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad : Armed Robbery in Wal-Mart Parking Lot

SA, for all its worth, is not an end all, be all. There are times you will wind up behind the eight ball, SA or not. How you get out from behind it will depend on other attributes and tools.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i wanna believe you guys are all wearing american made clothes, underwear and shoes...along with purchasing all american company made guns and cars...but i know better...its easy to beat on wal-mart because you can...and feel like you have to...

as far as the people wal-mart draws and the dynamic...its simple...lots of people with money in their pockets makes it a popular place to cruise for victims...if your "american" stores had that kind of business and number of customers their parking lots would be full of muggings also...

Is it really Wal-Mart? I have yet to observe, hear about, or see/hear on the news of any such activities at our Wal-Mart in the ten or so years it has been here. One possible answer is that a significant percentage of our population is farmers, ranchers, loggers and others out of outdoor inclinations. Possibly those of evil intentions veiw this demographic as undesirable to interact with.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    This thread wasn't intended to be a flame-fest against Wal-Mart.

We shop and buy at other stores as well, such as Aldi, Kroger, et al.
    That's a very fair comment and I acknowledge the point.

But then, it seems like so much crime does happen in Wal-Mart parking lots. Maybe it's the riff-raff nature of the clientele, maybe it's the sprawl of the lots themselves, but for whatever reason, if it's going down, it's more likely going to be happening at Wally World than at Publix.

Statistically speaking, all parking lots and garages and gas stations are places to be on high alert. They allow for easy approach and fast getaways. Concealment and cover are in constant flux. Criminals can select victims at leisure. They are not places to be lost in checking the Blackberry and texting your homies.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    That's a very fair comment and I acknowledge the point.

But then, it seems like so much crime does happen in Wal-Mart parking lots. Maybe it's the riff-raff nature of the clientele, maybe it's the sprawl of the lots themselves, but for whatever reason, if it's going down, it's more likely going to be happening at Wally World than at Publix.

Statistically speaking, all parking lots and garages and gas stations are places to be on high alert. They allow for easy approach and fast getaways. Concealment and cover are in constant flux. Criminals can select victims at leisure. They are not places to be lost in checking the Blackberry and texting your homies.
    True. Here recently there were thugs trolling around the Kroger parking lots, driving up and snatching purses from unsuspecting ladies. It can happen anywhere. They caught these thugs though, someone got make, model and license number of their vehicle during one of the attacks.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links