Couple beaten outside Walmart (Franklin, VA) - Page 2

Couple beaten outside Walmart (Franklin, VA)

This is a discussion on Couple beaten outside Walmart (Franklin, VA) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The meaning of Sticks and Stones is that name calling gives no one the right to assault another, no matter what the name is. The ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple beaten outside Walmart (Franklin, VA)

The meaning of Sticks and Stones is that name calling gives no one the right to assault another, no matter what the name is.
    The courts seem to give leniency to a segment of our population that think being called a name gives them the right to assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Or just glance in their direction! "What the blank are you lookin' at?" Had that happen more than once!
    That actually happened to me on the golf course once. I'm a member of a private club and pay a premium for the privateness factor. Some non-members were playing there (not sure why) and t-ing off and I stopped to let them t off before I went on passing by from another hole (being courteous...at the crossing of these two holes, it is common practice of members to do so). These guys were obviously drunk and hot heads. There were 4 of them and I was alone and in my cart about 30 yards from them. After they hit their shots one of them said, "what the blankedy blank are you looiing at?" I ignored it and started to go on my way and then two of them started to advance with golf clubs in their hands. He made his statement again much louder as they approached and I replied, "Targets" as I placed my hand in my pocket from a seated position in my cart (where my snubbie was residing). They swiftly turned and got in their carts and went on. I went straight to the clubhouse and made an official complaint and also indicated that this was why I paid a premium to be a member of a private club was to not have to deal with such drunk goobers on a golf course. The golf pro said he was going to go tell the guys to leave pronto. I didn't hang around to see since I was coming off of #18. Never saw the guys again.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

GM
    This is a shame.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Thumper wrote: "Or just glance in their direction! "What the blank are you lookin' at?"

Bad reactions to a glance aren't limited to gangland street thugs. I got that from a NYC patrolman one time on 58th St, right in back of the famous Plaza Hotel. I thought I was about to be pounded just for walking down the street toward 5th avenue. And, I was not a kid. I was about 60 y.o. and dressed in a business suit at the time.

There is something about some people that just causes a glance, however brief, to be taken as a big insult. I don't know how such hyper people manage to stay out of jail, let alone hold responsible jobs.

Had a guy just walk right out in front of me during the Christmas rush at Walmart. I had to hit the brakes rather quickly and hard guy slapped the hood hard open handed. I didn't escalate just let it go, I won't go into what I was thinking seeing as how this is a keep it clean forum.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    That actually happened to me on the golf course once. I'm a member of a private club and pay a premium for the privateness factor. Some non-members were playing there (not sure why) and t-ing off and I stopped to let them t off before I went on passing by from another hole (being courteous...at the crossing of these two holes, it is common practice of members to do so). These guys were obviously drunk and hot heads. There were 4 of them and I was alone and in my cart about 30 yards from them. After they hit their shots one of them said, "what the blankedy blank are you looiing at?" I ignored it and started to go on my way and then two of them started to advance with golf clubs in their hands. He made his statement again much louder as they approached and I replied, "Targets" as I placed my hand in my pocket from a seated position in my cart (where my snubbie was residing). They swiftly turned and got in their carts and went on. I went straight to the clubhouse and made an official complaint and also indicated that this was why I paid a premium to be a member of a private club was to not have to deal with such drunk goobers on a golf course. The golf pro said he was going to go tell the guys to leave pronto. I didn't hang around to see since I was coming off of #18. Never saw the guys again.
    I have a firearm in my golf bag all the time. There is no rhyme or reason for violence. It can happen anytime and anywhere as we read so often on the pages of this forum.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    This is a shame.
    Yep. I know that I'm indeed putting myself in harms way when I go to Walmart...LOL. If this happened in a carry state I'm sure this couple will be looking in a CCL.

He should have been shot down on the spot, whether his kids were watching or not. Good way to learn not to do what daddy does!

Guantes, I have no doubt you're correct in your assumption!
    (kind of goes along with his conversion to "the religion of peace").
    Last edited by Bark'n; January 1st, 2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added phrase in parentheses
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    He should have been shot down on the spot, whether his kids were watching or not. Good way to learn not to do what daddy does!

Guantes, I have no doubt you're correct in your assumption!
    You are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    Had a guy just walk right out in front of me during the Christmas rush at Walmart. I had to hit the brakes rather quickly and hard guy slapped the hood hard open handed. I didn't escalate just let it go, I won't go into what I was thinking seeing as how this is a keep it clean forum.
    I am always on the lookout for the talking dead/texting zombies at the marts/grocery stores.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I have a firearm in my golf bag all the time. There is no rhyme or reason for violence. It can happen anytime and anywhere as we read so often on the pages of this forum.
    I've witnessed enough drunk morons showing their hind quarters on a golf course to know its got potential. Years ago in NC, we had a brief string of robberies on a golf course I used to play. A guy would hide in the edge of the woods beside the cart path close to a green. Cart would stop and he would jump out armed and rob the folks then duck back through the woods. They never caught the guy. Anywhere, anytime.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I used to shop at this Walmart a lot when I stayed in Franklin last year.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    *disgusted
    *kudos

For future reference...

Am I the only one who thinks the guy was

a) incredibly STUPID for chasing this guy

2) really lucky he didnt get hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post

Just a pet peeve of mine when simple things get butchered so badly...I know mines not perfect either, but its mostly
    because I type on my phone and dont really see half what I write.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links