Good. Teen home invador shot

This is a discussion on Good. Teen home invador shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://arkansasmatters.com/news-fulltext?nxd_id=380467 A 17-year-old suspect is being treated in a Little Rock hospital after being shot during a home invasion in Hot Springs. Police have not ...

Thread: Good. Teen home invador shot

Good. Teen home invador shot

http://arkansasmatters.com/news-fulltext?nxd_id=380467

A 17-year-old suspect is being treated in a Little Rock hospital after being shot during a home invasion in Hot Springs. Police have not yet revealed who shot the suspect.
    No details, but the bad guys went down. Planning a home invasion in Arkansas is kinda like the same in Texas.....everybody knows us rednecks been shootin since we could stand!

Nother source
    http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/...136472&catid=2
    Officers learned that three black males were attempting to break into a residence in the 200 block of Noles when a teen that was home alone shot at the suspects striking one of them.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

2. Remove Ads

Good update. Turns out the defender was only 14!!!
    http://arkansasmatters.com/news-fulltext?nxd_id=380857

Hot Springs Police say they doubt a 14-year-old who blasted a 17-year-old with a shotgun will face any charges for defending his home. The 14-year-old fired the shotgun into the older boy's face, and he's now hospitalized on life support.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Sounds like there may be more to the story, but.... the 14 yr old had a right to defend himself from them breaking into it .... and the potential to do him great bodily harm or death.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Good shoot,I hope the kids doing ok,I also hope it wasn't some kinda gang looking to do him harm,or it could get really bad
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Officers learned that three black males were attempting to break into a residence in the 200 block of Noles when a teen that was home alone shot at the suspects striking one of them.

That is why my 1911 has 6+1. There would have been 3 double tapped criminals and the 7th round to finish off whoever decided to live long enough to attempt to raise their gun off the floor.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Well, I gotta say, when you're home alone, and three thugs try to break in, you really don't have much choice. Especially if you're only 14. Good Job! Excellent outcome!

I bet the one on life support won't be doing that anymore. Shot in the face with a shotgun... Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Good job by the young man. The price of home invasion is going up.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Nice shooting on the part of the resident. If the dirtbag shot was a 'twin' you'll now be able to him apart from his brother.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good thing the 14 year old had access to the weapon. How would the story be different if it had been "locked up safely"?
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Always nice when the right one's get shot in these home invasions, hope the teen that did the shooting will be ok.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    hope the teen that did the shooting will be ok.
    Yeah me too.

My 16 year old sis has been home alone during a home invasion. On the phone with 911 with a .38 in her hands. Had it been me, I probably wouldda shot the dude, but I'm thankful for her that he realized the error of his ways and fled.

this is the type of consequences that will really have an affect on the crime rate.
    Good shoot.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Of course you will only hear this one little snippet and then back to good ole' 'Guns kill people" argument.

Not robbers breaking into peoples home with weapons and the intent to conduct grave harm or kill people and the victim was able to stop them with a gun.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    This is just another tick-mark in the Brady Bunch's "gun violence" column.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Links