CHL holder stops mugging in Houston

This is a discussion on CHL holder stops mugging in Houston within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 suspects caught in northwest Harris Co. after car failed them An apparent attempt to rob a Cypress-area resident in his driveway failed Monday night ...

Thread: CHL holder stops mugging in Houston

2 suspects caught in northwest Harris Co. after car failed them

An apparent attempt to rob a Cypress-area resident in his driveway failed Monday night after the homeowner pulled out a gun and began firing. When the suspects tried to flee, their car wouldn’t start, and two ended up in custody.

No one was injured in the incident, which took place around 8 p.m. outside a home in the 26800 block of Glenfield Hollow Lane near Fry Road in northwest Harris County, according to the sheriff’s office.

Deputies said the homeowner told investigators he and his family had just arrived home from a shopping trip when he noticed an old Ford Mustang drive slowly past his house. He told his wife and children to go inside the house.

Then he saw the Mustang drive slowly past the home again, deputies said. The car stopped, and a man got out. The homeowner said the man was holding what appeared to be a gun, demanded money and rushed toward him.

That’s when the homeowner pulled out his gun and fired at the suspect, deputies said. Neighbors reported hearing five to seven shots, and after the gunfire, the Mustang wouldn’t start.
    Investigators said the suspect who was shot at and the Mustang’s driver ran away, but the homeowner held a third man in the car until deputies with the Precinct 5 Constable’s Office arrived and took him into custody.

Deputies caught up with a man they believed to be one of the pair who fled and took him into custody as well.

No charges have been filed, but the Harris County Sheriff’s Office is investigating.

Deputies said the homeowner had a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Nicely done, except he never hit the criminals...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wow! That is less than a mile from a friend's house where I stayed on one of my house hunting trips here. Nice neighborhood. Any time, any place.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Glad it all worked out, but why did he think to stand there and wait for them to come back...So that his wife & children could possibly watch him be murdered?

If my gut tells me to send my wife and kids elsewhere/inside; Then my job as their protector is to do _exact_ same and leave with them...So that I can continue to do that job as being their protector.

Staying pat at the car in the driveway makes no sense.
    Luckily he didn't get shot for the effort.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

"I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Sponsored Links