Omaha School Shooting

This is a discussion on Omaha School Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There has been a shooting at a local suburban school in Omaha. The article is below but there is still a lot of info to ...

Thread: Omaha School Shooting

Thumbs down Omaha School Shooting

There has been a shooting at a local suburban school in Omaha. The article is below but there is still a lot of info to come. But, apparently a student shot the principal and an assisstant administrator in the school office.

The shooter was found dead in his car about a half hour later, an apparent gun shot suicide. The shooter is the son of an Omaha police detective so I'm sure there will be a lot more to come out of this story.

http://omaha.com/article/20110105/NE...ncipal-injured

Of course now the news will be filled with the typcial "I never thought it would happen here!"

As most of us know here on the forum, it can happen anywhere.

2. Remove Ads

Update- it's being reported that the gun the shooter used was his father's. His father is a detective with the Omaha Police and the gun is supposed to be a Glock.

http://omaha.com/article/20110105/NE...rincipals-shot

Omaha High School Principals Shot

A high school principal and an assistant principal have been shot by a student who later shot himself.

OMAHA, Neb (Reuters) The son of a police detective shot and wounded the principal and assistant principal of his high school on Wednesday, then shot himself in his car a few blocks away, authorities said.

Robert Butler, Jr., 17, who transferred in November to Millard South High school, left a suicide note on the social media site that said the school "drove me to this."

.................................................. .................................................. .....

Butler had been suspended from the school on Wednesday morning, when classes resumed after the winter break, for using his vehicle to tear up the football field, local media reported.

.................................................. .................................................. ........
    The principal, Curtis Case, was in stable but serious condition at Creighton University Medical Center, according to spokeswoman Kelsey Archer. He had been at the school for five or six years, Millard Schools Superintendent Keith Lutz said.

Assistant principal Vicki Caspar was in critical condition. She was a veteran administrator at the school, Lutz said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_shooting_school

the school "drove me to this."
    This is becoming symptomatic in our society......FAILURE to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.........AAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!

The edge of darkness.......the beginnings of a Psychopath............"It's not my fault"..........
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Administrator
    The Vice Principal just died.
    "Just blame Sixto"

There is way too much of this crap,the kid tears up property,gets suspended and it's the schools fault.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The shooter used his Dad's .40 cal Glock service pistol.

It will be interesting to see if the leo father will be charged for having not properly secured his weapon.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I cannot imagine the personal pain of lossing my child and the reponsibility for another person's death because I failed to follow basic firearm safety. My weapons are either on my person, in my sight/control or locked up. A sad reminder to all of us.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links