nydaily news poll, the anti's are winning MERGEDX3

nydaily news poll, the anti's are winning MERGEDX3

This is a discussion on nydaily news poll, the anti's are winning MERGEDX3 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I do not know if this has been posted yet. There is a poll on nydailynews.com which asks, What do you think of current gun ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: nydaily news poll, the anti's are winning MERGEDX3

Exclamation nydaily news poll, the anti's are winning MERGEDX3

I do not know if this has been posted yet. There is a poll on nydailynews.com which asks, What do you think of current gun laws in the United States?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1AgDhSwKf

Please vote in this poll! Seems a whole lot of people want stricter gun laws because of that murderous idiot in Arizona.
    Last edited by SIXTO; January 11th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Polls are whatever they want them to be. This one says this , the other says that. Ignore them. The 2nd Amend is intact. This crap is meant to start a wave of panic.

Exclamation Gun control poll needs hitting (MERGED)

Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

The only thing that would make this poll a bigger farce would be if it was in the Chicago Tribune.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Funny how I've never seen a gun control poll embedded in a story about a citizen saving lives through the application of a firearm.

Yeah, but if we put this on enough gun boards fast enough we can make it ummm blow up in their faces like shooting a squib stuck in a weak barrel! I have seen it done! So post this wherever you can in the next few moments. THR comes to mind.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

We have our work cut out for us, boys & girls...80/20 right now.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by babyhulk View Post
    We have our work cut out for us, boys & girls...80/20 right now.
    Don't forget the antis are doing the exact same thing so you might also want to send this via an e-mail alert to your freedom loving friends...

As someone who has been "forced" through many research classes in my education, one of the first things we learn is how to phrase a question. One more neutral and thus valid would have been along the lines of "I favor stricter gun control laws" Y/N. Or maybe something like "current firearm laws are ok the way they are" vs "current firearm laws need to be stricter than they presently are." Instead this one says "Current laws are too strict. Any infringement upon gun owners' rights is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment." Key word "any" and "infringement" That creates a certain "attitude" of turning people loose to do whatever they want. On the other hand "Current laws are not strict enough. We need to regulate access to deadly weapons." we have the word "deadly" which many people would not support. Am I surprised - not at all. This is how someone with an agenda specific to one particular direction would write a poll like this. As a mental health profesional I can grasp how this individual operates and he could just as well driven a car into the group and killed someone. If that had happened would be polling for tighter car control.... or knife control or maybe golf club control....? The guy is severely mentally ill, not all mentally ill people do deadly crimes but some do, his case is pretty well documented. I see something like this and it shows me more than ever why we need to protect ourselves. The thing I felt good about was the guy that helped take him down had a firearm but saw at that moment he did not have to use it and didn't. That is how the majority of CCW folks act, statistics show that. But again, what can we expect from that element of the media (wow now I'm genrealizing.....my bad.)
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Voted!

What do you think of current gun laws in the United States?

Current laws are too strict. Any infringement upon gun owners' rights is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment. 19%

Current laws are not strict enough. We need to regulate access to deadly weapons. 80%

Not sure. 1%
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This poll is running in OFF TOPIC section.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Isn't it absurd that there are people who will use the actions of 1 lunatic to impact the freedoms of over 300,000,000. Doesn't seem very representative does it?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    Funny how I've never seen a gun control poll embedded in a story about a citizen saving lives through the application of a firearm.
    20 posts. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

I voted....but dang-it....we're loosing. How is it these polls come up to feed off the most recent memories of what the media lays out. I don't trust online polls anymore, unless they are coming from a member of this forum in their own words. I can think of several polls I'd like to post up about this right now. I've just got to cool down and do this intelligently and rationally.

GM
    Voted.

Current laws are too strict. Any infringement upon gun owners' rights is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment. 12%

Current laws are not strict enough. We need to regulate access to deadly weapons. 88%

Not sure. 0%
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links