UGLY: One of Seattle's Masked SuperHeroes Fails Against Armed Criminals - PICS, Video

UGLY: One of Seattle's Masked SuperHeroes Fails Against Armed Criminals - PICS, Video

This is a discussion on UGLY: One of Seattle's Masked SuperHeroes Fails Against Armed Criminals - PICS, Video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Seattle, WA resident Phoenix Jones, who cruises the streets of Seattle in a gold and black superhero costume and mask looking to battle crime in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UGLY: One of Seattle's Masked SuperHeroes Fails Against Armed Criminals - PICS, Video

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Seattle, WA resident Phoenix Jones, who cruises the streets of Seattle in a gold and black superhero costume and mask looking to battle crime in the city, was easily defeated by two criminals that he attempted to take on this week.

Although Jones succeeded in getting one of the criminals in a headlock, his accomplice pulled out a handgun, and aimed it at Jones. When Jones released the man that he was holding, he knocked him to the ground, and then kicked Jones in the face, breaking his nose.

Both criminals managed to escape the scene, and avoid the police.

Much to the surprise of Phoenix, the mere sight of a gun pointed at him negated all of his super powers, and left him totally defenseless. Phoenix does carry a baton, mace, and a Taser. In addition, he wears a bullet proof vest.

Here is this news story all about the Superhero's defeat at the hands of these criminals:

http://www.kval.com/news/national/113246859.html

Here are some photos of Phoenix Jones, Guardian of Seattle, hard at work safeguarding the city from crime:

Here are two more news stories about how Seattle police have been alerted that SuperHeroes are now patrolling their city. Phoenix Jones is actually the city's 3rd superhero, joining fellow superheroes the WATCHMAN and BLACKBIRD in the fight against crime.

http://news.reallifesuperheroes.org/...articles-2010/

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/430430_super19.html

NOTE: These superheroes were inspired to fight crime by last year's hit teen movie Kick Ass.

Does your city have a set of superheroes battling criminals yet??

Some folks are concerned that the crime fighting career of the PHOENIX may be a very short one. Will he last a full year?

Last edited by JD; January 12th, 2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Removed video

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar

So we have what exactly? Either idiots, or people wanting more public awareness, maybe something else but heck if I know what?
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Wait. . . these guys are for real?

If we had any they would have names like ,Tacoman,Flaming Burrito ,the masked Mariachi
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    This is a terrible idea IMO. I'm ok with them keeping an eye out for a crime being committed, but I would prefer if they just called LEO and provided a good witness statement. I'd say keep a distance and don't interject yourself into the situation unless a life is danger. And even then, it would depend on the situation.

Here is a photo from the movie "Kick Ass", that inspired this young SuperHero vigilantes to take to the street.

These are their role models:

Did everyone here see Kick Ass last year? It has been out on Blu Ray and DVD for some months now.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    A superhero with no super powers or a firearm. Unfortunately, I don't think that Phoenix Jones will last 12 months as a vigilante.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    Wait. . . these guys are for real?
    Yep, they are for real. They were inspired by the fictional movie "Kick Ass", about teenage SuperHeroes fighting crime together with an adult mentor.

Here is a scene from the movie where Kick Ass meets his fellow SuperHeroes, Hit Girl and Big Daddy, and they decided to join forces to battle crime.

Sometimes real life can parody art. If you are not familiar with the movie that inspired these young men, here is an introduction to it. It came out last April, and was a big hit with young audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    A superhero with no super powers or a firearm. Unfortunately, I don't think that Phoenix Jones will last 12 months as a vigilante.
    Remember, though, he wears a bullet proof vest.

You can't win them all. Every super hereo has their criptonite.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

the media would go all vigilante crazy on this guy if he carried a gun. Yet its perfectly acceptable to do the same without one...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

IMHO, telegraphing to the world that you're both unarmed and wearing body armor isn't the brightest move.
    It's putting a sign on the back of your head "Shoot me here."
    ...a tempting, if not irresistible, offer for a gang banger looking for some notoriety.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

They will find this guy or one of his "brothers in arms", on a sidewalk or a parking lot or alley deader than 4 o'clock.

Also I wouldnt be surprised to find out that one or more of these jokers actually have a criminal record themselves...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If we had any they would have names like ,Tacoman,Flaming Burrito ,the masked Mariachi
    Nacho Libre!
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    I guess some folks can’t distinguish the difference between fantasy and reality. ...Say, has anyone seen my Rambo wig?
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links