Westboro Church to protest funeral of 9 year old ...... - Page 4

Westboro Church to protest funeral of 9 year old ......

This is a discussion on Westboro Church to protest funeral of 9 year old ...... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by JerryRushing Facebook: Over 7,000 Attending, Over 3,000 Maybe Attending I'd say WBC won't be any closer than 500 ft. I don't advocate ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Westboro Church to protest funeral of 9 year old ......

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    Facebook:

Over 7,000 Attending, Over 3,000 Maybe Attending

I'd say WBC won't be any closer than 500 ft.
    I don't advocate vigilante justice....

... unless it gets results!
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    As many of us as possible should be there in support of this family in their tragedy. Don't even let the family notice the Westboro Wackos are there. And just because it's how we live our lives, we should (obviously) all be armed. There should be plenty of legally armed REAL Americans in Arizona that could help with this.
    x2
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I wish I could be there. This is one event I would gladly disarm for, as it would prevent me from shooting some sorry fool that really needs it. I would willingly submit to a beating just to get a good poke at one of those 'baptists.'
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    The fact they do this in "the name of God" just screams hypocrisy and intolerance. They are no better than the neo-nazis, klan, la raza, and other HATE groups.
    Exactly! For the life of me I can't understand how they can possibly twist Scripture to condone this despicable behavior

Facebook:

Haha, they'll be like 3 of them if their past "protests" are any indication. They make this huge deal of it, then send a couple of people. It's the rare exception when most of the family shows up. Rumor has it the Hell's Angels might stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantspastor View Post
    Exactly! For the life of me I can't understand how they can possibly twist Scripture to condone this despicable behavior
    I can. You simply ignore the parts you don't like. Instead of taking the Bible as one solid document to be studied and understood, you cherry pick out the parts that fit your agenda. I'm sure you know this, but the above idea is right there in scripture. 2 Cor 11, 13-15

13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

It pains me greatly to share the name of my faith with the likes of them, knowing that their being led to tear it down.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Haha, they'll be like 3 of them if their past "protests" are any indication. They make this huge deal of it, then send a couple of people. It's the rare exception when most of the family shows up. Rumor has it the Hell's Angels might stop by.

I can. You simply ignore the parts you don't like. Instead of taking the Bible as one solid document to be studied and understood, you cherry pick out the parts that fit your agenda. I'm sure you know this, but the above idea is right there in scripture. 2 Cor 11, 13-15

13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

It pains me greatly to share the name of my faith with the likes of them, knowing that their being led to tear it down.
    They have the same mindset as terrorists who kill in the name of God. All these hateful/crazy/hating people believe they have a privileged IN with the Divinity who they act for. There's no difference - they never will believe they're wrong, if they are resisted it will be "Martyrdom" and prove to them how special they are. They love it.

What I notice most: they don't picket the jail where the killer is. They picket the victims. And THAT shows the world where THEY'RE at.

The very worst thing you could do to these people is completely ignore them. Or some could maybe. The instant I saw their signs I would lose it.

I wonder how the Phelps clan plans on not getting their tires slashed this time.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Facebook:

This time, they have really gone way, way too far.

The most amazing thing is that they say that God is on their side, and is protecting them. Representative Giffords was one of the people in Congress who led attempts to pass legislation making the WBC protests illegal. The church is actually saying that God himself sent the shooter to kill Giffords, in order to punish her for opposing them.

That is why they are so very interested in this tragedy. They actually believe that it was an act of God, all done for their own benefit.

I just don't understand how people can become so totally crazy as these folks are.

Here is part of the public statement that they posted on their website:

"That child was not innocent. This is a nation of depraved perverts who pass their children through the fire of their rage against God & all-consuming lust. From the womb, she was taught to hate God & mock His servants. That child is better off dead, so the cup of her iniquity will not overflow!

Rep. Giffords passed laws trying to keep WBC watchers off the street corners. In repayment, God sent the shooter when she took to a street corner! The blood of the 9-year-old is on Rep. Giffords’ hands! "

I could call these people some vile names, advocate violence upon them for their hideous acts, but...

I would be doing exactly what they do in the name of God. Why would I want that? Being a Christian, that is not the way to treat our fellow man.

However, if 10,000 peaceful Christians lined the streets in a peaceful counter protest, that is our right to do so contained in the Bill of Rights. There is power in numbers and the more numbers against this group, the sooner they will fade into history.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    However, if 10,000 peaceful Christians lined the streets in a peaceful counter protest, that is our right to do so contained in the Bill of Rights. There is power in numbers and the more numbers against this group, the sooner they will fade into history.
    One can only wonder if such a number may well indeed show up. If I lived in Arizona, I would surely plan to be there.

I think that this is something that will outrage all Arizonans, no matter what.

I personally would not be surprised if there indeed is violence this time. Those signs those idiots carry are so outrageously full of hate, that it is an absolute miracle that no one has attacked them in the past.
    Last edited by LanceORYGUN; January 12th, 2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: removed photos

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I love to assist in wiping ALL their smiles off thier backsides!
    actimmy is right, some people just need a good old-fashioned butt-whoopen!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member
    I'm all for religious freedom, but this is emotional terrorism. Have we turned into a nation of spineless dummies to let this kind of action proceed?

Or,

So let's get this straight, you can't sunbathe nude in public but you can display this kind of %$#@? It boggles the mind.

Or,

What about the kids who get expelled for wearing a gun on a t-shirt to school, or the girl kicked off a plane for showing too much skin. But this is ok?

I'd rather hear Katie Couric use the F word on network news than see these "protests".

Ok I'll stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I'm all for religious freedom, but this is emotional terrorism. Have we turned into a nation of spineless dummies to let this kind of action proceed?
    What would you suggest, not allow them to assemble and take away their constitutional rights?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by san antone rr View Post
    The Patriot Guard has plans to be in between the WBC fools and the funeral.
    I suspected my motorcycle riding brothers and sisters would be there. Good.

"Phelps-Roper said...." In the immortal words of Monty Python "You're a loony". They really believe that spewing this hate filled vomit will server as a good example and bring someone to believe in the Prince of Peace?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    What would you suggest, not allow them to assemble and take away their constitutional rights?
    The Constitution only limits the power of the government. WE THE PEOPLE could stop them, we are not bound by the Constitution in any way.

The problem with America these days is that WE THE PEOPLE have forgotten how to govern ourselves. This protest would not have taken place 50 years ago. Butts would have been kicked!
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links