Bad: Advocating a outright ban of all high-cap magazines on CNN's front page.

This is a discussion on Bad: Advocating a outright ban of all high-cap magazines on CNN's front page. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How to cut gun death toll Advocating a outright ban of all high-cap magazines on CNN's front page....

How to cut gun death toll
    Advocating a outright ban of all high-cap magazines on CNN's front page.

VIP Member
    They want a flat out ban on all mags over 10 rounds, no grandfathering. Who is going to pay for that? Is the government going to supply a 10 rounder for every extended mag? Better yet, if I have 4 G17 mags, that is 68 rounds they should have to provide me with 7 10 rounders. This is a stupid law proposal. I think we should ban computers from being possessed by liberal journalists - it makes as much sense.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    How to cut gun death toll..... ban gun control...
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    how to cut gun death toll..... Ban gun control...
    ^^^ bingo!!!
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Ten rounds max should stop the bloodshed. Those wacky criminals will NEVER think of bringing more than one gun. Right? Hello? Is this thing on...?
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Jumpwing is right. Ten rounds max is more than enough. I propose we also do this for the military and police. This will encourage shot placement and effenciency. Think of the savings!
    I also reccomend some kind of legislation from Congress to enacted immediately. Do not wait. Just write it and pass it. We can always read it later.

I look for that to happen sooner than later. Since my memory is so poor, what else was included in the clinton ban that expired, and could be re-installed??

Uh, excuse me.. we been there, we done that. What did it prove? Nothin', absolutely nothin.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I notice these two writers are with prestigious universities.They must know what is best for us because they are ed-u-mu-cated I consider the source on the rare occasion I read rubbish like this.I wonder if either of them ever had a job that required work or sweat?Did they serve in a war?Were they ever homeless?What built their character,or lack of it?Why would their opinion matter?No offense to the OP or anyone with a college education.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

A high-capacity magazine in effect turns a semiautomatic firearm into a weapon of mass destruction.
    I know that Sadaam must have had high-capacity mags in his house...then Bush's reasons for an attack were correct.

HELP! My Google isn't working properly...I can't find 31 round mags for my Glock anywhere (they do have 33 rounders available).
    Please Professor, do your homework.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Angry

And of course the criminals will want to do the right thing and turn in all their magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. What a load of crap !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    A high-capacity magazine in effect turns a semiautomatic firearm into a weapon of mass destruction.
    I know that Sadaam must have had high-capacity mags in his house...then Bush's reasons for an attack were correct.
    I gotta remember that one. I know just who to pull it on, too.

Senior Moderator
    The talking heads.
    All they really care about is seeing their name on the credits to whatever tv show or newspaper that they spout off in.
    They already now that the public is so utterly stupid that they can spout any thing they want and get away with it, what they say doesn't have to be fact or even remotely resemble the truth.

These highly educated idiots actually believe that 2 10 round magazines are better than 1 20 round magazine.

The highly touted Brady Bill that the talking heads worship every morning died because there was not one single shred of evidence that anything other than law abiding people were affected. It did nothing for crime whatsoever.

Many of us that kept up with it knew all along that it would do nothing but hinder the good people. The Brady Bill was doomed for failure from the start because it wasn't meant to fight crime, it was only meant to control and limit the general population. Those that dont follow the law are unaffected by new laws and only laugh at them because it makes being a thug easier.

Anyone that is a proponent of the Brady Bill or mentions it as a model is the worst kind of fool because they cant even remember that it has been tried and it failed and it wasn't that long ago.
    Watch your local politicians closely. If they support any thing that even remotely resembles a Brady Bill or support any limitation on magazine capacity, then label them as a fool and unworthy of office.

When the time comes, vote the idiots out and tell them why.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Does anybody else hear the faint hum of magazine manufacturing machines running 24/7? I'm waiting for the price gouging, too.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Does anybody else hear the faint hum of magazine manufacturing machines running 24/7? I'm waiting for the price gouging, too.
    True that.

I don't know what prices were on the hi-cap mags before, but the Glock store has them for $62
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Links