New Jersey Police Officer shot execution-style

This is a discussion on New Jersey Police Officer shot execution-style within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just came across this. No words. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...113631279.html...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Police Officer shot execution-style

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Anger for that thug......

Prayers for the family......his WHOLE family.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member

RIP Officer Matlosz

RIP, sympathy to the family. The susp needs to go down hard.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

RIP Christopher Matlosz, thoughts and players for friends & family, and his fiancee what a shame. I hope they catch him fast and take the long way to his new home,

" wearing a black hoodie and black or dark jeans slung so low that gray boxer shorts were visible, according to a witness account to police" ? What a POS !!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Kinda' makes you wanna go out and buy a gun.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Kinda' makes you wanna go out and buy a gun.
    Yes, Saber, but not in New Jersey.

I think they kind of frown upon that activity for the law abiding citizens.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Officer shot at close range three times while sitting in his car;
    The officer was questioning a man when that man pulled a handgun from his clothing and fired
    Does this seem odd to you?

He is questioning a guy wearing "gang" style clothing, yet he doesn't get out of the car?

Maybe this is normal, I don't know.
    I know if I get pulled over for traffic stop, the cop stays behind my door, and I'm an old white haired guy.
    And that's with him in the superior position.

More likely, the perp walked up to the cops window and there wasn't any questioning involved.

They'll find him. Prayers for Officer his family and his Department.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Does this seem odd to you?

He is questioning a guy wearing "gang" style clothing, yet he doesn't get out of the car?

Maybe this is normal, I don't know.
    I know if I get pulled over for traffic stop, the cop stays behind my door, and I'm an old white haired guy.
    And that's with him in the superior position.

More likely, the perp walked up to the cops window and there wasn't any questioning involved.
    It sounds like the subject was known to the officer and at that particular time, the officer did not consider the individual a threat. One hazard of familarity with criminals is that sometimes that familarity breeds complacency.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Goes to show that trying to treat thugs like human beings and not like thugs can get you killed,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

this story has to be fake! New Jersey has a very strict gun control!!! I mean, a criminal got agun and killed a guy????? NO WAI!!!

Prayers to his family, I hope they get him and bring him to real justice.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Goes to show that trying to treat thugs like human beings and not like thugs can get you killed,
    Meanwhile a citizen who says, "Officer, I think you should know I have a carry permit and i am armed" finds himself cuffed and stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    It sounds like the subject was known to the officer and at that particular time, the officer did not consider the individual a threat. One hazard of familarity with criminals is that sometimes that familarity breeds complacency.
    Excellent assessment Gloves. After a similar incident in South Florida several years ago I told myself I will never sit in the car and talk to anyone I do not know as a complete non-threat. I talk to very few people while sitting in the car now.
    Last edited by Old School; January 16th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Suspect in custody in N.J. officer slaying

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/16/...ex.html?hpt=T2

A 19-year-old man has been arrested in what prosecutors said was the "execution-style" killing of a Lakewood, New Jersey, police officer, authorities said Sunday.
    Jahmell Crockam was in custody following an arrest overnight, said Thomas Hayes of the Ocean County, New Jersey, Prosecutor's Office. Authorities scheduled a news conference later Sunday morning to provide more details of the arrest.

Police on Saturday said they were seeking Crockam in the Friday afternoon death of officer Christopher Matlosz, 27. Ocean County Prosecutor Marlene Lynch Ford said Saturday that Matlosz in his patrol car had pulled up next to a man on foot, and was talking with him while still in the car.

"The individual stepped back suddenly, pulled out a handgun and shot the officer three times," Ford said. "The officer's weapon was still in his holster. That is how quickly it happened."

Crockam is charged with murder and illegal possession of a firearm, Ford said Saturday. A judge set bail yesterday at $5 million cash in anticipation of his arrest, Hayes said.

About $117,000 in reward money was available for information leading to the suspect's arrest.

"What was a routine stop, what was a routine conversation ... suddenly turned deadly," Ford said. "And I think that indicates the danger that this person presents to the public."

Police were still determining Saturday whether Matlosz knew the suspect and what the two were discussing when the shooting occurred. Witnesses have told police that the exchange between the officer and the gunman appeared calm before the shooting.

Lakewood police and other authorities immediately launched a manhunt for the gunman, said Lakewood Police Chief
    Robert Lawson.

"He was one of our most popular officers. He was dedicated to his job," Lawson said of Matlosz. "He was the best of us."
    Matlosz had worked for the police department for more than four years and was engaged to be married.

In a statement released by the police department Saturday night, his fiancee, Kelly Walsifer, said Matlosz was "my best friend and soul mate. ... In the last four years, we both lived our life to the fullest. He was my life and my world. He made me laugh, he made others laugh and we have been surrounded by the best of friends and coworkers throughout our time together."

Walsifer said Matlosz had just lost his father, "and now it brings me some peace to know that he is with him."
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links