"Gun Nuts Showing Off Near Site of AZ Rampage"

This is a discussion on "Gun Nuts Showing Off Near Site of AZ Rampage" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No, this article isn't biased at all.... New York Post article Wow. A gun show was ONLY 13 miles away?!? In reality, that is halfway ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Gun Nuts Showing Off Near Site of AZ Rampage"

"Gun Nuts Showing Off Near Site of AZ Rampage"

No, this article isn't biased at all....

New York Post article

Wow. A gun show was ONLY 13 miles away?!? In reality, that is halfway across Tucson from where the massacre happened.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, that was almost humorous how bias and slanted that article was.

And I like the tiny mention at the bottom of the victim who "allegedly" shouted "you're dead" to the tea party fellow.

1. It's New York (City)
    2. It's the Post
    3. You're surprised by their lack of objectivity??
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

From the Post...

Some 7,000 people are expected to attend the two-day gun extravaganza that features more than 100 vendors hawking massive arsenals of AK-47s, assault weapons, sniper gear and ammo.

Wow! 7K...I'll bet some wacko shooter wouldn't try that Tucson Tragedy stunt at this gun show.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They really do themselves and their reputation harm not holding themselves to the higher standard that most every news organization in the country holds themselves to.
    http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp
    • Deliberate distortion is never permissible.
    • Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.
    • Distinguish between advocacy and news reporting. Analysis and commentary should be labeled and not misrepresent fact or context.
    • Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
    While we may sit here and mock the story for it's outlandishness, this is the kind of story that gets picked up syndicated and ultimately forms views of people less aware. The extreme coloring with the adjectives, and no actual amount provided many accusations, and hypothetical numbers given left and right, this is an article based in fiction not fact.

Glock Certified Armorer

What writer Colleen Bush doesn't realize is that big gun shows in Tucson and Phoenix are as normal out here as delays on the Long Island Railroad.

Thousands of weapons enthusiasts, many openly packing heat, crammed into an Arizona gun show chock full of high-powered rifles and semiautomatic pistols yesterday -- a mere 13 miles away from last weekend's rampage.
    And fancy this: in spite of those thousands of weapons enthusiasts, no one was shot, assaulted or murdered! How can that be, will all those guns and "massive arsenals of AK-47s, assault weapons, sniper gear and ammo" on hand?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    1. It's New York (City)
    2. It's the Post
    3. You're surprised by their lack of objectivity??
    +1 ...........It is difficult to get any farther left than the NY Post.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    +1 ...........It is difficult to get any farther left than the NY Post.
    Another thread headed down the drain because folks want to put politics into everything.

Anyway, as to the statement above, guess who owns it: New York Post Chairman Rupert Murdoch, you know, the same guy who owns FOX.

Just the facts m'am.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    .......It is difficult to get any farther left than the NY Post.
    The Post is the most Conservative paper in NYC.....the problems lay in peoples perception.....crazy people do crazy things...what happened was a tragedy, plain and simple...not the guns fault. Anyone who thinks that a 33 round mag is to blame is an idiot...
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Another thread headed down the drain because folks want to put politics into everything.

Anyway, as to the statement above, guess who owns it: New York Post Chairman Rupert Murdoch, you know, the same guy who owns FOX.

Just the facts m'am.
    You are right it is not left and I stand corrected it is just a tabloid not worthy to wrap fish in.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I view it more as scientific than political. There is a certain percentage of the population that have a certain view of humanity and who attempt to gain legislation that correlate with that view. The problem, as I see it, is that we have not yet reached the level of humanity or technology to support that view of humanity. I believe that at some point in time we will get there, but we are not there yet.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I attended the show yesterday. The donation box was NOT nearly empty. I saw several 5's 10's and 20's in the box. The crowd was larger than normal, we had to stand in line for a few minutes just to get in. There were several camera crews trying to conduct interviews. The crews were not displaying network logos, so I imagine they were free lancers who sell to rags like the Post. Most people who were approached by the media declined the interview. From the article in the Post this morning declining the interview was the correct choice.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Some 7,000 people are expected to attend the two-day gun extravaganza that features more than 100 vendors hawking massive arsenals of AK-47s, assault weapons, sniper gear and ammo.

Wow...a gunshow dedicated only to massive arsenals of assault weapons and sniper gear!!! No pistols, revolvers, black powder guns, hunting rifles or knives?

Oh, and I'll bet everyone of the 7000 people attending were dressed in black or cammo BDU's. No jeans, cowboy boots or hats allowed.

Give me a blooming break!!!
    Proud NRA member

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    .....the problems lay in peoples perception........
    Precisely. Most opinions out there are based on perception, including this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Just the facts m'am.
    "When you own the information, you can bend it all you want." John Mayer

Just had to do that.

And what a useless excuse for news.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links