Bad: Robbed at Kinfepoint

Bad: Robbed at Kinfepoint

This is a discussion on Bad: Robbed at Kinfepoint within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Two failures. One, do not answer the door to strangers. Two, do not go unarmed. This reinforces the need to be aware that the wolves ...

Thumbs down Bad: Robbed at Kinfepoint

Two failures. One, do not answer the door to strangers. Two, do not go unarmed. This reinforces the need to be aware that the wolves in sheep's clothing are out there. When are folks going to learn?

Barboursville man held at knife point, robbed
    January 18, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

BILL ROSENBERGER

The Herald-Dispatch

BARBOURSVILLE,WV -- An elderly Barboursville man was held at knife point Saturday afternoon, put into a closet and then robbed by an assailant who claimed to be looking for work.

According to Barboursville Police Chief Mike Coffey, the incident took place at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday at a home on St. Andrews Drive in the Deer Creek subdivision.

The suspect was inquiring about any odd jobs that might need done. The homeowner excused himself to the bathroom, Coffey said, because he didn't feel right about the situation.

Coffey said the homeowner fled out the front door, but the suspect chased him down and held a knife to him, forcing him back into the house. The suspect was seeking money, valuables and medications, Coffey said.

The homeowner was put into a closet, and a chair was used to hold the door shut. The homeowner told police that he could hear the suspect ransacking his home. Coffey said the suspect left with an undisclosed amount of money.

The homeowner was able to get out of the closet after the suspect had left, Coffey said.

Coffey said they expect to make progress on the investigation Tuesday morning and planned to release more details about the crime Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/...e-point-robbed
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

The home owner mades some choices that I would not make. If he is ok with the out come, then so be it. I think the home owner is lucky that the robber did not want ATM cards and pin numbers, and to make sure that he had plenty of time to empty the accounts while leaving no wittness.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

He's lucky to be alive. He needs to either get a large mean dog, or arm himself, but first use his head.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

He needs some "treacherous old man" friends to show him the ropes.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Links