OK City Pharmacist Wants New Judge

This is a discussion on OK City Pharmacist Wants New Judge within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jerome Ersland, the OK City pharmacist who is charged with murder for the shooting of an incapacitated robber, wants a new judge. This would be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK City Pharmacist Wants New Judge

OK City Pharmacist Wants New Judge

Jerome Ersland, the OK City pharmacist who is charged with murder for the shooting of an incapacitated robber, wants a new judge. This would be the third judge assigned to hear the Ersland murder trial.

One thing for sure, Ersland will be stone broke when his lawyer is finished with the case.

Graves said he is going to continue on reading the arguments from both sides and should make a decision next week.

Box said that should Graves decides Elliot should stay on the case, he will appeal the decision to a higher court.
    http://www.koco.com/news/26406351/detail.html

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    He will be broke and in jail. He made a bad mistake. I feel sorry for him and wish he could be given a walk but you really can't do what he is accused of doing.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    He will be broke and in jail. He made a bad mistake. I feel sorry for him and wish he could be given a walk but you really can't do what he is accused of doing.
    Yup, he is just delaying the inevitable. The drawing and initial firing at the robbers was justified, but the subsequent execution of the down BG (who was no longer an immediate threat to life) was not. The video shows this very clearly.

Had he kept his emotions intact, he would not be in this mess.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    As much as I want to say he did the right thing, he definitely DID NOT. He murdered the kid, plain and simple.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I feel for his family. But he murdered that kid. No nice way to say it. Another example of how important it is to keep your emotions in check.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    As much as I want to say he did the right thing, he definitely DID NOT. He murdered the kid, plain and simple.
    Sadly, many, many armed people are ignorant of the law. This guy probably thinks he is in the right.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Sadly, many, many armed people are ignorant of the law. This guy probably thinks he is in the right.
    I agree, that's why it's SO IMPORTANT to make sure that we not only train in use of our chosen weapons, but train also in the mental part of the game. Keep up with current and ever changing laws, case law and especially use-of-force laws. I feel bad for this guy and his family, he will end up in prison.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    He will believe he did the right thing to the day he dies. Understandable. That's why I generally argue here against unlicensed carry or licensing without a training requirement.

Today an OK court refused to disqualify the judge assigned to hear Ersland's murder trial.

[QUOTE]The pharmacist's defense attorneys now will ask the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals to disqualify Elliott.

Elliott twice refused to step down from the case.

The pharmacist, Jerome Jay Ersland , 59, was charged with first-degree murder after he shot a masked robber six times in May 2009 inside Reliable Discount Pharmacy in south Oklahoma City.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-phar...#ixzz1BQZnKApw

I think he's in the wrong, he should go to prison for what he did.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

I don't see him "later " shooting the guy in that video. IF he shot 6 times all at once, why is he wrong ? Help me out here.

Second, I would have to agree he needs a new judge... since he's hispanic and the Judge was known for calling them "wetbacks" , etc.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I don't see him "later " shooting the guy in that video. IF he shot 6 times all at once, why is he wrong ? Help me out here.

Second, I would have to agree he needs a new judge... since he's hispanic and the Judge was known for calling them "wetbacks" , etc.

Prosecutors say Ersland went too far when he fired the last five shots, in effect executing an unconscious, unarmed robber.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-phar...#ixzz1BQjwvbEg

Graves wrote: “This argument is totally untenable, especially in view of the fact that Mr. Ersland is not Hispanic, but Caucasian, and the court rejects the counterfeit logic behind it.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-phar...#ixzz1BQjwvbEg

I'm not saying the judge should or should not be replaced, I'm saying if he shot and killed someone who was already out of it, he should go to prison. The guy on the floor was also unarmed it seems.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

There is no accusation in this case.
    He was caught red handed on very clear video _doing_ exactly what he's being tried toward.

Dude is guilty as sin and being found guilt by the state is merely a formality.

He is only extending the inevitable and wasting tax payer dollars while at it.
    As to his own money he is not independently wealthy. This is debt money to him that very likely will go unpaid and/or be claimed in the future as a personal loss in a bankruptcy court.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

We're all on the same page here, based on the consensus of opinion I read: If you must shoot, you shoot until the threat is ended. Then you stop.

Ersland was not facing a threat, he was no longer in danger. The punk was down and Ersland was holding a pistol, which he apparently reloaded before executing said punk. He's damned guilty of premeditated murder and will go away for a long time. People like him threaten our rights and give us a bad name.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links