Bad: At least 3 shot at California high school

This is a discussion on Bad: At least 3 shot at California high school within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/18...school/?hpt=T2 At least three people have been shot at a high school in Gardena, California, Lt. Steve Prendergast of the Gardena Police Department said Tuesday. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad: At least 3 shot at California high school

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/18...school/?hpt=T2

At least three people have been shot at a high school in Gardena, California, Lt. Steve Prendergast of the Gardena Police Department said Tuesday. The conditions of the victims, who all appear to be students, are unknown.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Impossible, schools are gun free zones and Los Angeles county is very strict on firearms.

CNN is now confirming that the victims were students. (Update: Police say suspect known but not in custody)

(Between this and the shooting last week in Tucson, I believe the anti-2nd lobby will really sink their teeth into this)
    Last edited by JonInNY; January 18th, 2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Update
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Heard the shooter was a black male student dressed in black and was still at large, hope they catch him soon. My thoughts and prayers go out the families and victims.

Standing by for the blame from the left.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post

(Between this and the shooting last week in Tucson, I believe the anti-2nd lobby will really sink their teeth into this)
    You better believe it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Believe it or not... they are saying (unconfirmed), that this was an accident! Evidently a student brought a gun into school in a backpack. The backpack dropped and the gun went off.

Obviously, I don't buy this... we all know that dropped guns don't go off and shoot THREE people!
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Alaniz told the affiliate that a student brought the gun to school in a backpack, and when the student dropped the backpack, the gun discharged and wounded two students.

OK assuming the gun was in a backpack unholstered, that might do it. Still, I don't really believe it.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Believe it or not... they are saying (unconfirmed), that this was an accident! Evidently a student brought a gun into school in a backpack. The backpack dropped and the gun went off.

Obviously, I don't buy this... we all know that dropped guns don't go off and shoot THREE people!
    Yeah...... that's the ticket! He dropped it on some stairs...... and as the back pack tumbled down it went off on each step! Sure! That HAS to be the explanation!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Yeah...... that's the ticket! He dropped it on some stairs...... and as the back pack tumbled down it went off on each step! Sure! That HAS to be the explanation!
    Strange though... CNN is now actually reporting that it was a dropped backpack. Must have been some ricochet.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Come on Commiefornia, you better outlaw those dangerous backpacks, and stairs, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Come on Commiefornia, you better outlaw those dangerous backpacks, and stairs, too!
    Well look how many threads there have been recently about dropped guns going off. I think they should just repeal the law of gravity and be done with it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Tell me again what kind of adult keeps his gun where a 15 y.o. can get it. I think the word is criminally negligent. And if the kid stole it or got it from someone who stole it, then his problems are much larger than having stupidly brought a gun to school to show off.

Had to note too that the story indicated that there is considerable dysfunction at that particular school--described as fights every day. Heck, maybe the kid needed it to get home safely?

Shows gun laws don't work.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    As mentioned above,schools are gun free zones,and they have signs.This story must be false.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links