Two More Florida Officers Killed....... (MERGED)

Two More Florida Officers Killed....... (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Two More Florida Officers Killed....... (MERGED) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- A man hiding in the attic of a home sparked an intense firefight with authorities trying to arrest him on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two More Florida Officers Killed....... (MERGED)

Angry Two More Florida Officers Killed....... (MERGED)

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- A man hiding in the attic of a home sparked an intense firefight with authorities trying to arrest him on a warrant Monday morning, killing two officers and wounding a deputy U.S. Marshal, police said.

More than 100 rounds were fired during the shootout, St. Petersburg Police Chief Chuck Harmon said. As of midday, the shooter was still barricaded inside the house. The marshal and officers had come to arrest the man on aggravated battery charges.

"He was somebody we wanted to get off the streets, " Harmon said. "Who expects to walk into a house and get gunfire from the attic?"

Harmon would not identify the suspect or the dead officers.

When officers arrived at the house, they were told by a woman that the man was in the attic. The three were shot as they tried to get him out, police spokesman Michael Puetz said.

Police used a vehicle to punch a hole in the wall to get to one of the officers who later died, Puetz said.

The woman from the house is safe and with officers, he said.

The marshal was shot twice but was doing fine, Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Tom Figmik said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110124/...orida_shooting

Monday's shooting is the latest in a string of shootings of police officers and comes four days after two Miami-Dade County detectives were killed by a murder suspect they were trying to arrest. That suspect was killed by another detective. The officers' funeral is Monday.

On Sunday, a man opened fire inside a Detroit police precinct, wounding four officers including a commander before he was shot and killed by police. Authorities said the gunman walked in just after 4 p.m. and fired indiscriminately. The officers' injuries were not considered life-threatening, said Police Chief Ralph Godbee.

And on Monday, a Lincoln City, Ore., police officer was critically wounded when he was shot during a traffic stop. Oregon State Police said the officer had pulled the suspect over for speeding.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I can think of a way to get him out,it involves gas and a match
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I was thinking an N model Hellfire missile, or a 500lb JDAM. I've been in that aera of ST Pete, it needs to be cleared out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    +1 ......... There is no way this POS needs to live any longer nor cost the lives of any more officers.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    +1 ......... There is no way this POS needs to live any longer nor cost the lives of any more officers.
    Agree 100% Save tax $$ ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Well, now he's got a bit more to worry about than aggravated battery charges. Now he's got charges for murdering a law enforcement officer. I seem to think that he will probably not make it to trial for that tho. I think he'll take the coward's way out and commit suicide... (or with help).
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2 more police officers killed

This happened in St. Petersburg Fl.
    http://www.wesh.com/news/26594314/detail.html

why are they still talking to him when he has killed 2 already

I'm surprised this is just now getting a thread here as it's been on going all morning and was top news on ABCNews.com.

Frankly if I were the chief of police I'd just burn the mother out.
    He's established himself to be a lethal intent threat AND to have no desire to comply AND he has no issue with murdering persons (two LEOs) and attempted murder against a third who happens to be an agent of the US Federal Govt.

So by those actions alone he forfeits his property AND his right to life in being a real and active in the immediate threat to the community and humanity overall.
    End of his story.

Toss an incendiary grenade through a window and leave it to him from there to choose his own adventure.

- Janq

"Live or die. The choice is yours." - 'SAW', The Movie
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Thread posted at 12:15 pm on Law Enforcement and Military Thread........

Tragic. Prayers go out to the St Pete PD and the families of the fallen. :( And prayers to the US Marshall for a speedy recovery.

I live in the area and the wife comes into contact with a lot of the PD folks there for work, just tragic situation. I agree, just burn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Thread posted at 12:15 pm on Law Enforcement and Military Thread........
    Which of course would be the most proper place for it to be.

Doh!

: )

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    So by those actions alone he forfeits his property AND his right to life in being a real and active in the immediate threat to the community and humanity overall.
    End of his story.

Toss an incendiary grenade through a window and leave it to him from there to choose his own adventure.
    Agreed Janq. He's killed two already. Torch the house and let him decide what to do about it.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Word is that BG was found dead inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Well, now he's got a bit more to worry about than aggravated battery charges.
    No more charges to worry about... he's dead.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...man-found-dead
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links