Beating in Richmond, VA posted on Youtube (Merged) - Page 3

Beating in Richmond, VA posted on Youtube (Merged)

This is a discussion on Beating in Richmond, VA posted on Youtube (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Jjac Hi, I've been lurking for a bit and felt like chiming in on this - I really appreciate the forum and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beating in Richmond, VA posted on Youtube (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Jjac View Post
    Hi, I've been lurking for a bit and felt like chiming in on this - I really appreciate the forum and have found it a good source of info, Thanks.

I think what we're seeing in the video is someone that doesn't realize what kind of evil is in the world. I know a lot of people like this, they think violence and fights are like the fistfights that were in elementary school. Not only do they not think its going to happen to them, they don't understand what's going to happen. This guy was probably walking away thinking (just my thoughts, I don't pretend to know what anyone is thinking) that these guys were just trying to scare him or maybe take his wallet. I doubt that he had any idea of the physical violence that was about to happen.

Thugs like that know that most people can't handle the level of violence that they are ready to do and they prey on it.
    I agree with this 100%. Most people have no idea...

Distinguished Member
    That's a regular occurrence in Richmond, but most of the time the BG uses a pistol.

Welcome tot he forum )jac and johnstnhb. I do agree with you. Most sheeple do not comprehend the raw evil that is out there and how quickly a bad situation can turn into a pure nightmare. I always have my situational awareness ,my Kershaw Blur and one of my pistols on me whenever I leave the house. nh

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

RVA-"Youtube Beating" wives lifelong friend got jumped (link to news)

One of the victims was a guy my wife grew up with in her home town, and moved out here go goto VCU. Last week he invited us to go and hang out with him, we declined (had things to do.)

I've seen his pictures on FB, he literally has shoe tread marks across his face.

The very block and part where the guy is pictured getting hit,and then falls to the street, is where I parked when I took my wife on our first date, and many dates after. I used to frequent that area alot in my spare time for many years, and still enjoy going out to the area.

For the record: The guy in the video DOES have a CCW permit, he knew he was going to have a couple drinks, and decided not to carry.

I've never had a problem in Richmond (knock on wood.)

(Note: I see alot of Richmond bashing, as a RVA native,...I will defend it a little in saying that violent crime CAN unfortunately happen anywhere, including the "safest towns" or "nice areas". )

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I would do my absolute best to shoot every single one of those "homeys". Pieces of crap like that need to be eliminated from what already is a contaminated gene pool.

Now there's the bare cake with no PC, CYA frosting.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    For the record: The guy in the video DOES have a CCW permit, he knew he was going to have a couple drinks, and decided not to carry.
    This is _exactly_ why I always choose to carry and NOT drink when I go out....And why I very much support alcoholic beverage service carry lawful allowance.

I was out to not one but three clubs last weekend in the city and was alone (!), my intent to get out of the house from being snow bound and to listen & dance to some live music (hip-hop).

I didn't have a drop of alcohol, not even before leaving home.
    In fact at two of three of the clubs bars when I told the bartenders that I am 'designated driver' (which I am...for me!) they let me have all the ginger ales I wanted on the house, and one even went so far as to thank me for not drinking and attempting to drive.
    The whole time I was unbeknown to anyone carrying a full size 1911, spare magazine (10 rd) and a can of LEO grade OC/CS all as holstered at my waist concealed, and a Surefire mini-light clipped to the inside of my weak side front pocket.

Nothing happened and nobody had anything but a good time as far as I'd noted.
    But just as you say bad things happen to good people _everywhere_.
    Guaranteed next time this dude goes out he'll carry and have no issue with drinking his alcohol from within the four walls of his home.

Anyone, anytime, anyplace.

- Janq

P.S.
    I wound up meeting folk and even was offered a drink by a young woman, who bought me another ginger ale (!), even as I was church deacon sober.
    It's very much possible to have a good time out alone or with friends and be a teetotaler.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member
    The local news interviewed the victim last night, but I fell asleep and didn't get to see it.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    This is _exactly_ why I always choose to carry and NOT drink when I go out....And why I very much support alcoholic beverage service carry lawful allowance.

I was out to not one but three clubs last weekend in the city and was alone (!), my intent to get out of the house from being snow bound and to listen & dance to some live music (hip-hop).

In fact at two of three of the clubs bars when I told the bartenders that I am 'designated driver' (which I am...for me!) they let me have all the ginger ales I wanted on the house, and one even went so far as to thank me for not drinking and attempting to drive.
    The whole time I was unbeknown to anyone carrying a full size 1911, spare magazine (10 rd) and a can of LEO grade OC/CS all as holstered at my waist concealed, and a Surefire mini-light clipped to the inside of my weak side front pocket.

Guaranteed next time this dude goes out he'll carry and have no issue with drinking his alcohol from within the four walls of his home.

- Janq

P.S.
    I wound up meeting folk and even was offered a drink by a young woman, who bought me another ginger ale (!), even as I was church deacon sober.
    It's very much possible to have a good time out alone or with friends and be a teetotaler.
    I agree with you. To each his own, maybe next time if he wants to drink he will stay home? I don't drink while carrying, and I'd rather carry then drink. Even if I'm "within legal means" with alcohol in my system, its just another thing a jury could use against me should something happen (again, knock on wood.)

I'm glad the guy is OK. Watching the video, it seems worse than it was. I was expecting bashed in ribs, and snapped bones. He DOES have a concussion, and the other victim has 1 staple in his head.

Apparently the guys responsible have a "music company" where they promote rap/hiphop/etc locally, they had their own website and facebook fan page.

I'm surprised this hasn't sparked racially motived drama and protesting ? (Being that 7-8 people of one race, seemingly randomly targeted two guys of a different race.) Or hasn't been called a "hate crime" ?

Scary stuff, between knowing one of the victims here, and that lawyer in the cop shootout (different thread I started.) is a friend of a friend,and some of my family knew him,...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBzCK...layer_embedded

this video is back up on youtube by the way.

At what point does a group of attackers become a serious enough threat to draw? 3-4 guys on one is lynching and frankly all it takes is one of them to have a knife or a bad hit to the head to leave you dead or seriously injured.

I probably would have drawn had it been me. I'm not trained in any kind of hand to hand combat and i'm not the fastest runner. fired? probably not. but i'd definitely draw and tell them politely to back off.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Originally Posted by ncsteveh
    I'm at the point in life where I'm not interested in rolling around on the ground anymore plus my health doesn't really allow for it either. If you pay attention to the video you can see some verbal boxing going on at first.

I would make it known to the thugs that it would be in there best interest to leave me alone now. after saying that once, if they enter my bubble they are going to get a face full of Fox. What happens next is up to them but in the end I will win, I will not be rushed to the hospital, I will not be put into a body bag, a police officer will not knock on my door with bad news for my family. That I promise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    No further answer needed, THIS!
    Concur all the way
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

- Janq

P.S.
    Awesome well done. I commend anyone who carries a full size 1911. I too carry a full size in the rotation it's very comforting. As to this kid it's unfortunate. I don't go out as much as I can't carry my Pistol all the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links