Bloomberg at it again (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Bloomberg at it again (MERGED) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/31...gun.bloomberg/ Once again Bloomberg has had undercover agents purchase guns at a gun show, this time in Arizona. I want to know why this would ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg at it again (MERGED)

Bloomberg at it again (MERGED)

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/31...gun.bloomberg/

Once again Bloomberg has had undercover agents purchase guns at a gun show, this time in Arizona. I want to know why this would not be considered a straw purchase and the guy prosecuted!

2. Remove Ads

Just saw this on CNN, with undercover video!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by faif2d View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/31...gun.bloomberg/

Once again Bloomberg has had undercover agents purchase guns at a gun show, this time in Arizona. I want to know why this would not be considered a straw purchase and the guy prosecuted!
    I wondered the same thing when I read about his antics. My personal opinion, is that he is a VERY rich politition. I think he is only adding to the problem & clouding the waters.

The New York Observer has the story as well. Here's the beginning of it:

This morning, as part of his ongoing quest to end the "gun show loophole," Mayor Bloomberg announced the results of an undercover investigation into the purchasing protocols at one Arizona show held shortly after the shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

The investigation focused on the Crossroads of the World gun show held on January 23 in Phoenix, where undercover investigators succeeded at buying guns without a background check. The investigators, who were representatives from the City of New York, even told the sellers that they "probably couldn't pass" a thorough background check.

"We have demonstrated how easy it is for anyone to buy a semiautomatic handgun and a high capacity magazine, no questions asked," said Bloomberg in a press release announcing the results. "This country must take two simple steps to stop more of the 34 murders that occur with guns every day: make every gun sale subject to a background check, and make sure the background check system has all the required records in it."

http://www.observer.com/2011/politic...enix-gun-show#
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I call total BS, I have purchased weapons at crossroads MANY times and private sellers have ALWAYS asked me if I can legally buy it and asked me to produce proof of residency. I don't think I have EVER had someone not card me. I don't trust this report for one second. I wonder how much these private "dealers" got paid for their acting job by Mayor Bloomberg.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I call total BS, I have purchased weapons at crossroads MANY times and private sellers have ALWAYS asked me if I can legally buy it and asked me to produce proof of residency. I don't think I have EVER had someone not card me. I don't trust this report for one second. I wonder how much these private "dealers" got paid for their acting job by Mayor Bloomberg.
    Good point!! Crooked is as Crooked does.

I want to see these private parties arrested. I want to see arrest reports, because if these undercover officers did state they couldnt legally buy them and they individuals sold it to them anyway they should be held accountable. That wont happen though because this was a total staged setup.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Soooooooooooo, let me get this straight-Bloomberg hires someone to commit a crime, videotapes said crime and then tells the world about how easy it is to hire someone to commit a crime. Isn't this conspiracy to commit a felony? Oh, I get it, as long as you say its an expose its OK. Let's try this little test-I am going to pay my neighbor to rob a convenience store, videotape it and when the police catch him, we will just say it was an expose on how easy it was. I am sure they will understand and let us go...

It's one thing to observe a crime but to actually commit it, that is way too far. Plus, I am sure the video is not edited or anything, ho noooooo...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Soooooooooooo, let me get this straight-Bloomberg hires someone to commit a crime, videotapes said crime and then tells the world about how easy it is to hire someone to commit a crime. Isn't this conspiracy to commit a felony? Oh, I get it, as long as you say its an expose its OK. Let's try this little test-I am going to pay my neighbor to rob a convenience store, videotape it and when the police catch him, we will just say it was an expose on how easy it was. I am sure they will understand and let us go...

It's one thing to observe a crime but to actually commit it, that is way too far. Plus, I am sure the video is not edited or anything, ho noooooo...

It would be interesting to see the raw video. I'd like to see the AZ IDs that were used as well, if they were used. If not as stated above arrest these guys (all of them) they broke the EXISTING laws.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

There are easier ways for criminals to get guns and even then selling a gun to someone is not murder.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I want to see these private parties arrested. I want to see arrest reports, because if these undercover officers did state they couldnt legally buy them and they individuals sold it to them anyway they should be held accountable. That wont happen though because this was a total staged setup.
    I think you're onto it, Azchevy. I've bought guns from all over, and never once did the dealer not follow proper procedure. I'm normally not a conspiracy-type, but you have to consider the source in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    It would be interesting to see the raw video. I'd like to see the AZ IDs that were used as well, if they were used. If not as stated above arrest these guys (all of them) they broke the EXISTING laws.
    The video is now running on CNN here: http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/31/new...ex.html?hpt=T2
    Last edited by JonInNY; January 31st, 2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Replaced Incorrect Link
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I attended the last Crossroads Gun Show in Tucson, I heard a guy with a New York accent ask a dealer about a Glock. The customer, told the gun dealer he was from out of state and wanted to buy a gun. The dealer promptly told the customer, I am sorry sir but this conversation is over. At the time, I couldn't believe someone would be that brazen to announce that he was from out of state and wanted to buy a gun. I also think the dealer did a good job shutting the guy up. Now, I wonder if the New York accent guy was actually a Bloomberg plant..........Just wondering
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    I attended the last Crossroads Gun Show in Tucson, I heard a guy with a New York accent ask a dealer about a Glock. The customer, told the gun dealer he was from out of state and wanted to buy a gun. The dealer promptly told the customer, I am sorry sir but this conversation is over. At the time, I couldn't believe someone would be that brazen to announce that he was from out of state and wanted to buy a gun. I also think the dealer did a good job shutting the guy up. Now, I wonder if the New York accent guy was actually a Bloomberg plant..........Just wondering
    Are yoos guys implying that us here New Yawkers have an accent? Just cuz we's here in da northeast, don't mean we tawk funny or anything.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I find it interesting that the "King of New York" is trying to tell the "President of the United States" what to say in a speech.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links