Very Bad: Unarmed Witness Pursues Armed Bank Robber: Pics, Video

This is a discussion on Very Bad: Unarmed Witness Pursues Armed Bank Robber: Pics, Video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The witness was actually surprised when the armed robber shot at him for chasing after him. Fortunately, the robber missed, and the man was unharmed. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Bad: Unarmed Witness Pursues Armed Bank Robber: Pics, Video

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Very Bad: Unarmed Witness Pursues Armed Bank Robber: Pics, Video

The witness was actually surprised when the armed robber shot at him for chasing after him. Fortunately, the robber missed, and the man was unharmed.

Would you run after an armed bank robber, if you were unarmed? This fellow is either incredibly brave, or extremely dumb.

Here is a surveillance photo of the robber inside the bank:

Here is a photo of the witness, Court Boice, talking to reporters. He works as a legislative assistant in the state government.

Boice thinks that he did manage to get the license plate of the robber's car. But was that worth the risk of being shot at?

Here is a TV News report about the robbery:

2. Remove Ads

Green mesh bags???? this was an ecco friendly robber..................... and an unarmed river guid GVT worker (I see a made t=for TV movie here)

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    .and an unarmed river guid GVT worker
    He only does that work part of the year, however. The Oregon Legislature is currently in session, and he is presently working as a legislative assistance.

He looks in great shape for being 56. I would take him for still being in his 40's

I would not go chase after a bank robber period be I armed or he/she/they visibly armed or not ( I _always_ assume a threat to be covertly armed!)

Why would anyone think it reasonable to do different?

My life and I assume this guys and most other folks too, is much more valuable than a corporations insured bits of paper and metal.
    Would this guy think to go chase after some robber of bearer bonds or how about a random car thief; Both of which being items that likely have greater real value than any amount of teller drawer money he might score from a branch location.

As to right, wrong, law enforcement and punishment...That is the place and task of police.
    I am not a police.

That the robber shot at him was IMHO a wake up call for him to;
    STOP!
    Think (About what he's doing, for why and what his family might have to say if he is killed or disabled for life!)
    Observe (Be a good witness) & Orient (Place ones self behind good cover or concealment at the least)
    Plan (A means to _survive_ if not escape toward this imminent threat)

S.T.O.P. ~ It can literally save your life, which is first and foremost ahead of easily replaced/repaired man made products and things.

https://safety.army.mil/LinkClick.as...0%3D&tabid=757

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Going to run for senator?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Going to run for senator?
    Well, he ran for robber, why not senator :)
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Hey, shows courage, a Law and Order candidate, not afraid to act. Sounds like a good platform.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I wouldn't chase him with the intention of restraining him, but I would try to see if he had a getaway car and what the license plate number was.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I would not go chase after a bank robber period be I armed or he/she/they visibly armed or not ( I _always_ assume a threat to be covertly armed!)

Why would anyone think it reasonable to do different?

My life and I assume this guys and most other folks too, is much more valuable than a corporations insured bits of paper and metal.
    Would this guy think to go chase after some robber of bearer bonds or how about a random car thief; Both of which being items that likely have greater real value than any amount of teller drawer money he might score from a branch location.

As to right, wrong, law enforcement and punishment...That is the place and task of police.
    I am not a police.

That the robber shot at him was IMHO a wake up call for him to;
    STOP!
    Think (About what he's doing, for why and what his family might have to say if he is killed or disabled for life!)
    Observe (Be a good witness) & Orient (Place ones self behind good cover or concealment at the least)
    Plan (A means to _survive_ if not escape toward this imminent threat)

S.T.O.P. ~ It can literally save your life, which is first and foremost ahead of easily replaced/repaired man made products and things.

https://safety.army.mil/LinkClick.as...0%3D&tabid=757

- Janq
    I'll go with Janq on this one.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    This guy has solid brass ones for sure. And a good witness.

Seems like a calm, cool and thoughtful guy.
    But I'm with Janq... I don't understand why he was willing to take such an extreme risk over a bag of paper (Billions more being printed every day.)
    The BG could've so easily turned on him, ran him down, and shot him into the ground.
    Life's too fragile and too short.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

And keep in mind that happened after dark too (!).

As well he is very lucky that this dude once he reached his escape car choose to continue on foot as to flee,rather than to turn direction and chase the follower down to eliminate him.
    Not to mention the follower had no idea who else and how many might have been outside the bank waiting to offer support and security.

For what is nothing but a few hundred dollars at best from a tellers drawer.
    No thanks. I am far more valuable than to risk it all over a bag of that.

Other peoples own life may and clearly do vary, in value.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    The witness was actually surprised when the armed robber shot at him for chasing after him. Fortunately, the robber missed, and the man was unharmed.

Would you run after an armed bank robber, if you were unarmed? This fellow is either incredibly brave, or extremely dumb.

Here is a surveillance photo of the robber inside the bank:

Here is a photo of the witness, Court Boice, talking to reporters. He works as a legislative assistant in the state government.

Boice thinks that he did manage to get the license plate of the robber's car. But was that worth the risk of being shot at?

Here is a TV News report about the robbery:

I wouldn't run after an armed robber armed - that's the job of the police.

VIP Member
    Only time I'm confronting an armed robber of any sort, i if he's rounding us up or is asking everyone to empty your crap for him to take, and then execute us.

Then I'm confronting.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Ex Member
    The money is insured my a** isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links