WHAT?

This is a discussion on WHAT? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Thread: WHAT?

WHAT?

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

I'd have wanted something in print.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

1. i can't believe that the people who run this shop played guinea pig for the ATF. If i were in texas they'd never see a dime from me after hearing about this.

2. I can't believe that they believe the ATF would ever publicly admit to this or back the the shop up in anyway

plus they didn't get any kind of agreement in writing.. ugh..
    ugh

That is bizarre... no way the ATF is ever going to admit to it. That agency is way out of control and has been for years.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Could be one agent trying to make a name for himself,but when it backfired ,deny deny deny
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'd have wanted something in print.
    In print, with something from a DA, and video besides. Record every contact, in audio, reporting the gun sales.

Assuming I was stupid enough to do this to start with.

I can almost see the legitimacy of the attempt to ensnare a gun running operation. However the conspiracy side of me says they are trying to prove the US is supplying Mexico with guns to get a gun ban in effect.

This outta be interesting during the fall out.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Old Man Carter is in a pickle over this one. Like others have said - he should have gotten the directive from the ATF in writing. Carters Country is one of the largest firearms dealers in Texas - with 4 locations in Houston. My suspicion is that the ATF has been eyeballing these large dealers to try & pin "legal" sales of firearms - to the smuggling across the border. Its just easier to look at the large dealers, due to their volume of sales.

The ATF needs to go after the orchastrators of the "straw purchasers".

VIP Member
    Gosh, I just can't believe that we can't trust the ATF!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links