15 year old shot and killed, looks like he was a bad guy

This is a discussion on 15 year old shot and killed, looks like he was a bad guy within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by TN_Mike That might be correct now that I think of it. 18 to poses and 21 to get a permit. Still begs ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 year old shot and killed, looks like he was a bad guy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    That might be correct now that I think of it. 18 to poses and 21 to get a permit. Still begs the question, if the 15 year old was selling the gun, obviously that isn't a legal purchase so is the gun stolen? If so, why isn't the 18 year old being charged with trying to buy stolen property? Something fishy is going on here if you ask me.
    I definitely agree with you Mike, I'd like to know the whole story behind it as well. Makes me wonder if maybe the 18 year old shooter was able to supply some really useful information that the DA needed in another high profile case. You know, the old you drop all charges and I'll spill my guts to you.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    you can open carry in TN without a permit last I heard, mike please correct me if i am wrong. even at that, i can carry on my indiana license and have since 18, perhaps indiana is not the only state to allow this
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

In this case, the prosecutor made a judgment call on the side of the alleged defender, even though there still remained some unanswered questions.

For us good guys, that is a good thing. But the shooter, seems to be on very thin ice as to whether he was legally possessing the firearm.

However, you can't count on that happening in other jurisdictions with other prosecutors.

I'm glad it turned out the way it did.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    you can open carry in TN without a permit last I heard, mike please correct me if i am wrong. even at that, i can carry on my indiana license and have since 18, perhaps indiana is not the only state to allow this
    That is not correct. You must poses a valid Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit to carry either openly or concealed. Tennessee is an open carry state, and honestly in some parts of the state is is quite common, but you still have to have the permit to do it.

I had heard that there was a bill being introduced in the state legislature that would make "constitutional carry" legal in Tennessee, in other words, if you are a resident of Tennessee you wouldn't need a permit to carry at all. I do not know what the outcome of that bill is though.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links