Southern Ohio SD shooting, no charges filed

This is a discussion on Southern Ohio SD shooting, no charges filed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found a story about it on the Buckeye Firearms website: http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7656 "Two male subjects entered a home and held the homeowner at gunpoint when ...

Thread: Southern Ohio SD shooting, no charges filed

Southern Ohio SD shooting, no charges filed

I found a story about it on the Buckeye Firearms website: http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7656

"Two male subjects entered a home and held the homeowner at gunpoint when he came in," Henderson said. "They were stealing his stuff and once they left, as they were leaving the premisses, the homeowner found a gun, and came out onto the front porch. One of the suspects pointed a gun back at him, and (the homeowner) proceeded to shoot at them. He ended up killing one of the suspects."
    A Pike County homeowner's decision to shoot a suspected home invader appears to follow Ohio law, according to Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk.

Junk said he considered the shooting justifiable homicide under Ohio law, which allows homeowners to defend themselves if threatened on their own property.
    It's always good to see the law upheld when it comes to SD shootings. I do wonder how different I would be in one of the bigger, less gun-friendly, cities though...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I do wonder how different I would be in one of the bigger, less gun-friendly, cities though...
    "Two male subjects entered a home and started pleading with the homeowner when he came in," Henderson said. "They were borrowing his food and housing supplies for use in their one bedroom, government-built apartment where he cares for his three children and seeks to only better life for them, since society failed them; and once they left, as they were leaving the premisses, the homeowner found a high capacity, high powered, 50-round clip Glock machine gun with barrel shroud and twin pistol grip, and came out onto the front porch. One of the suspects started crying, and (the homeowner) proceeded to mercilessly rain a cloud of deadly, super hollow point bullet teflon black death mega ninja star bullets on the defenseless victims. He ended up slaughtering one of the suspects."
    There you go

VIP Member
    I think this homeowner is very lucky!
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Yeah Buckeye...Pike is pretty rural...beautiful country though I'd love to live there. Here in extreme SW Ohio where it is less rural I'm probably behind bars. That being said if I were to draw, fire and kill - I better be DAMN sure I have several of his bullets lodged right behind me on the front porch!

I agree with you...it's good to see our rights upheld...but Castle is very specific in Ohio as you know. I'm no expert but I know that once you PURSUE outside your home you are on very shaky ground indeed.

I would have swallowed my pride I let them cornered me...let them run with my stuff...and thanked God I was still breathing. Hard as it may be that's the road I believe one needs to take. You also better believe I'd be ready for a repeat offense. Very ready.

Pike is a nice part of the state.

I've been away from Ohio for a few years, looking forward to coming back to the SW part.

The Castle law in Ohio isn't awful, but isn't great, if I remember correctly they were trying to get a "Stand Your Ground" type law passed a year or two ago. But getting the laws changed has been a tedious process since the CHL law came about a few years back. At least they have the car carry changed, and are working on restaurant carry.

I think there are jurisdictions in SW Ohio where this would of still been seen as justified, although the articles don't give all the facts obviously.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Congrats to this homeowner... This should put two more dirtbags out of business.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Pike is a nice part of the state.

I've been away from Ohio for a few years, looking forward to coming back to the SW part.

The Castle law in Ohio isn't awful, but isn't great, if I remember correctly they were trying to get a "Stand Your Ground" type law passed a year or two ago. But getting the laws changed has been a tedious process since the CHL law came about a few years back. At least they have the car carry changed, and are working on restaurant carry.

I think there are jurisdictions in SW Ohio where this would of still been seen as justified, although the articles don't give all the facts obviously.
    Agreed sir. ...and I think it would be a tough last second decision. You already are IN your home and being robbed at gunpoint.

My girl and I ride through Pike and Brown counties a lot on the Harley. You would be surprised how many old timers sitting at the pub talk about the huge increase in rural crime after the economy went into the dumps. Kind of scary to hear but I'll always go where the best roads are. Ironically that is one of the reasons I started to CC. We go out for 8 to 10 hours a day just pointing the bike where ever. Never know what you'll run into on the open road.

Links