Homeowner strangles intruder to death

This is a discussion on Homeowner strangles intruder to death within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...-died-struggl/ Who needs a shotgun for home defense? Just strangle the guy....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner strangles intruder to death

Homeowner strangles intruder to death

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...-died-struggl/

Who needs a shotgun for home defense? Just strangle the guy.

2. Remove Ads

Once again, it's the mindset, not the tool. Beware the resolute homeowner who will defend his own.

Kudos to the reporter for not identifying the victims by name, although "end of the street" and a picture of the home doesn't exactly keep them anonymous.

Question (rhetorical) - why was that worthless piece of garbage out of jail? Let's hope it wasn't because he was paroled.

Lastly, at least we won't be hearing from his momma about why the nasty homeowner didn't fire a warning shot or just shoot her sonny boy in the leg...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Once again, it's the mindset, not the tool. Beware the resolute homeowner who will defend his own.

Kudos to the reporter for not identifying the victims by name, although "end of the street" and a picture of the home doesn't exactly keep them anonymous.

Question (rhetorical) - why was that worthless piece of garbage out of jail? Let's hope it wasn't because he was paroled.

Lastly, at least we won't be hearing from his momma about why the nasty homeowner didn't fire a warning shot or just shoot her sonny boy in the leg...
    "Why did he have to strangle him, couldn't he have just given my baybeee a wedgie"?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Sounds like the Homeowner is a subscriber to the "Ted Nugent School of Thought on Criminal Response"!
    "A REPEAT OFFENDER SHOULD BE A DEAD OFFENDER!"
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

We need an immediate ban on hi-cap hands. There is no reasonable person who needs more than 6 fingers.

Good for this homeowner, I hope there is no long term mental distress. I would think strangling someone would be more traumatic than shooting someone, since you are up close to that one.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Sounds like the Homeowner is a subscriber to the "Ted Nugent School of Thought on Criminal Response"!
    "A REPEAT OFFENDER SHOULD BE A DEAD OFFENDER!"
    Sounds good!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Last year a woman did the same thing to an intruder, caught him from behind and strangle the mother dead.

As well last year an American tourist on a tour bus that was stopped in IIRC the Domincan Republic by bandits toward a strong arm robbery, so he got up from his seat to fight the first/nearest bandit and not only strangled what was an armed attacker into submission but broke his clavicle before ultimately killing him by strangulation. That dude was a former marine circa Korea pushing 80s yrs. old (!).

Both items then made national news.

By what ever means necessary...

- Janq

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    Strangulation. It took that intruder about 4.5 minutes to turn into a ghost. Enough time to reflect on his soon to be over life. A fitting end.

"Well I got the choke hold down, what technique is next?"
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    "Well I got the choke hold down, what technique is next?"
    Then it's time to begin to master the art of 'click-pow' grasshopper.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

As a former student of martial arts, it is quite easy to kill someone with choking methods if you know the techique and apply it just right.

Crushing the windpipe with a blow by the hand or by wrapping the arms around someone's neck and cutting off their air supply are two of those techniques that I learned. It doesn't take long to die either, just a matter of a minute or two.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    As a former student of martial arts, it is quite easy to kill someone with choking methods if you know the techique and apply it just right.

Crushing the windpipe with a blow by the hand or by wrapping the arms around someone's neck and cutting off their air supply are two of those techniques that I learned. It doesn't take long to die either, just a matter of a minute or two.
    Maybe that is why choking is considered a lethal thread in many states? I'm betting so.

and all that time he thought the guy was struggling to escape, and he was only struggling in an attempt to breath.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    and all that time he thought the guy was struggling to escape, and he was only struggling in an attempt to breath.
    Yep...As well likely the intruder could not communicate this ether for lack of ability to breathe and get air across his vocal chords. A catch-22.

To the opposite there have been cases where persons being assaulted in such manner (they were not threats like this guy) have thought to feign death in hope that the strangler would let up, and it has worked.

Dude might have tried that...Or better yet not knocking on then kicking in people doors to invade houses and be assaultive in the first place. A catch-22.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Yep...As well likely the intruder could not communicate this ether for lack of ability to breathe and get air across his vocal chords. A catch-22.

To the opposite there have been cases where persons being assaulted in such manner (they were not threats like this guy) have thought to feign death in hope that the strangler would let up, and it has worked.

Dude might have tried that...Or better yet not knocking on then kicking in people doors to invade houses and be assaultive in the first place. A catch-22.- Janq
    Absolutely Janq, very good point. This guy put himself into a potentially deadly situation either by the use of physical force or a weapon by the homeowner. It is clear that he is at fault for his own death by his actions. Still, the thugs don't get it that this could really happen and still want to commit home invasions and other crime.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links