OOPS

This is a discussion on OOPS within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is in the local paper today: Update: Mistake by man with gun permit briefly locks down Lincoln school | sctimes.com | St Cloud Times ...

Thread: OOPS

OOPS

This is in the local paper today: Update: Mistake by man with gun permit briefly locks down Lincoln school | sctimes.com | St Cloud Times

Cliff notes: guy went into the school forgetting that he had is weapon on him. Police responded, guy was apparently pretty red faced about the situation.

even though this is an only an elementary school, its not known as one of the better ones in town, but its still a misdemeanor to carry INTO a school.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

2. Remove Ads

I 'forget' about somethings every once 'n awhile. I never forget I'm heeled when heading into school.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

How did the guy see the gun? Didnt state if he was open or Concealed

VIP Member
    It's too bad that it's a crime to carry into a school there. I (and many others) do it all the time here, no problems.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    It's too bad that it's a crime to carry into a school there. I (and many others) do it all the time here, no problems.
    Ironic then, that in Utah its illegal to carry into most churches.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    Ironic then, that in Utah its illegal to carry into most churches.
    Actually, it's only illegal in those houses of worship (churches) that register with BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification) as a "no guns allowed" church, or post it in a local news paper or state it over the pulpit.
    The whole reason (IMO) that was put into the bill when introduced was because of the political power of the LDS church.
    I agree, that's something we need to get changed. It will be a real fight here, and likely won't EVER happen because of that political power that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints carries. In my experience and opinion, the LDS church is the largest (and by far the most powerful) opponent of carry in churches.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Links