GOOD: Would be robber shot dead, another flees

This is a discussion on GOOD: Would be robber shot dead, another flees within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened near where I live. A man went to meet another man to purchase two MacBook Pros and instead wound up getting robbed. The ...

Thread: GOOD: Would be robber shot dead, another flees

GOOD: Would be robber shot dead, another flees

This happened near where I live. A man went to meet another man to purchase two MacBook Pros and instead wound up getting robbed. The robber was distracted and the victim pulled his own gun and terminated the threat. It should be noted that the WSB is one of those news outlets that sees the criminal(s) killed in any given self defense situation as the victim.

The victim (Mr. Williams) got into the passenger's side of Mr. Powell's car. He then pulled a gun, demanded the money, took the money from Mr. Powell and dropped some. As the victim was picking up money, he still had the gun pointed at him. The shooter (Mr. Powell) then pulled his own weapon and says he fired in self-defense. The driver of the Eclipse and essentially left his robbery partner to die in the parking lot," said Johnson.
    New Twist in Bowling Alley Shooting - WSB News on wsbradio.com

Two Men Identified In Fatal Shooting Outside Bowling Alley - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

Botched robbery led to fatal shooting at bowling alley, police say *| ajc.com
    Last edited by Sleipnir; February 25th, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Milton is currently out of jail on a $50,000 bond from DeKalb County for aggravated assault and armed robbery charges in November of 2010.

Lets keep letting them out......................................

That first article is terribly written, how did that make it past the editors desk.

The latter two far better detail what happened.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Too bad but that is what happens when you think you are buying hot/stolden computers and things go bad. Why put yourself in that position go to the store or get one on line.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    That first article is terribly written, how did that make it past the editors desk.

The latter two far better detail what happened.

- Janq
    The writing skills and editing work ethic nowadays in the journalism profession are absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    The writing skills and editing work ethic nowadays in the journalism profession are absolutely pathetic.
    Thats nothing,you should see the paper down here,It looks like a first grader wrote some of the stories.
    I'm thinking if you have something for sell meet in a populated place,First 48 TV show had a murder occurred where somebody posted a car for sale,then tried to rob the guy when he showed up with the money.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Looks like "an acute failure of the victim selection process".

One more dead dirtbag...I have no problem with that.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When I sell stuff on craigslist, I always demand to meet at a public place inside a mall or at a gun range etc.

Meeting in a public place is not always possible. I went with a friend who was looking for an older classic type pickup. The one he wanted to look at was on Craig's list, out in the country. I went along with him and we were both strapped. There were several males at the location, but everything went well and he bought the truck. Sometimes you have to be flexible on certain items, just be prepared.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Too bad but that is what happens when you think you are buying hot/stolden computers and things go bad. Why put yourself in that position go to the store or get one on line.
    If what you say is true the person was not defending himself when he shot. He was using a gun during the commission of a crime. In Okla at least it is not self-defense if you are committing a criminal act. You cannot claim self-defense when your crime goes bad.

That said I did not see anything in the article I read where this was the case. It did not mention that they were in the act of committing a criminal transaction.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Meeting in a public place is not always possible. I went with a friend who was looking for an older classic type pickup. The one he wanted to look at was on Craig's list, out in the country. I went along with him and we were both strapped. There were several males at the location, but everything went well and he bought the truck. Sometimes you have to be flexible on certain items, just be prepared.
    And no doubt the sellers were also prepared for the same.

How sad is it that in this day and age, here in the USA, we have come to treat private party sales of simple things as an '80's mob drug buy.

Show me the item...

Show me the money...

Nobody make any sudden moves...

Everybody watches their back after the deal is closed...
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Armed robbery is an increasingly risky business. As our economy declines, people will try and some will die. 'Change we can believe in...'
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links