Purse snatched in broad daylight with many witnesses, yet no one helped

This is a discussion on Purse snatched in broad daylight with many witnesses, yet no one helped within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i would draw my cell phone for its video and camera features....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Purse snatched in broad daylight with many witnesses, yet no one helped

i would draw my cell phone for its video and camera features.

2. Remove Ads

Unarmed BG robbing someone is a good candidate for marinating with pepper sauce too

Easy Off oven cleaner works even better.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    This is when common sense comes in to play. You do not risk life for a purse. You do assist the victim in anyway necessary and be a good witness.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    And what would you have people do?

How should they get involved?

Should they risk their lives for someone else's property?
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Frankly, chasing down a purse snatce could get you killed, many use knives to cut purse straps, when I catch up with him then what? Call 911, be a good witness. I m certainly not going to draw my weapon and give chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I really wish more women would understand that carrying a purse is one MAJOR thing that BGs take into consideration when looking for victims. It is also one of the most easily rectifiable problems that potential victims can address.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    Exactly. Some people live in a movie state of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Tough lesson to learn but the only person that is there 24/7 to take care of your safety and well being is you.
    Agreed. ^^

Bits of paper and easily replaced stamped plastic cards.
    Chase after dude and do what, exactly? Get stabbed, shot or jumped by his unseen accomplices in waiting. No thanks.
    She was fine, it was just a purse snatch.

As to she saying folk looked at her like she was stupid, well she was. : \
    She is responsible for herself and her own defense. Why she had no means nor knowledge (in the brain) to defend herself against attack is her own condition, not that of the world around her.
    The best that any other average person, just like her!, could do is observe and dial 911...Who will show up well after the event has gone down.

So yeah she is stupid, for expecting Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, Clark Kent or Colt Seavers to leap into the fray and rescue a damsel in distress risking their own life over not just property but a simple purse that contains what some lipstick, a cellphone, a library card and a few dollars at best. No thanks, folks tend to like their lives.
    As well to her argument of persons being to her perception physically able, ain't nobody bullet or stab proof. Fool.
    It's on her to get her own self into some manner of fitness to be physically able so as to defend her own self.

Life is hard, and rife with choose your own adventure decision pathways.

- Janq

P.S.
    As noted by another, this is an excellent example of where pepper spry would be good to have as either the victim(s) or as the onlooker who might want to interject himself.
    There is no cause at all here to introduce a gun (lethal force), by a non-LEO. But having _stream_ type nozzle pepper spray at hand would have been quite functional here.
    tcox4freedom and Old School like this.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links