Its probably a good idea to carry at family functions, er disfunctions.

This is a discussion on Its probably a good idea to carry at family functions, er disfunctions. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Vallejo man accused of stabbing sister - Vallejo Times Herald Anthony Johnson allegedly stabbed his 48-year-old sister. Johnson went into the kitchen, got a knife ...

Thread: Its probably a good idea to carry at family functions, er disfunctions.

Its probably a good idea to carry at family functions, er disfunctions.

Vallejo man accused of stabbing sister - Vallejo Times Herald

Anthony Johnson allegedly stabbed his 48-year-old sister.

Johnson went into the kitchen, got a knife and stabbed the living room couch. He then reportedly pressed the knife into her shoulder and neck.

2. Remove Ads

This article is really short on specifics. Still, this jumped out at me:

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Johnson was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and causing "vandalism" to his mother's couch, Bassett said.
    Dude stabbed his sister. I would think that the "vandalism" to the couch isn't even worth mentioning at this point...
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Dude stabbed his sister. I would think that the "vandalism" to the couch isn't even worth mentioning at this point...
    Yea almost seems irrelevant, but might as well try to get him on anything and everything possible at this point.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Yep, you never know when someone is going off the deep end. Like I learned in the Boy Scouts...... Be Prepared.

You're missing the point. It was a peace loving, passive California couch. Big difference.

wheres all the knife banners at,why isn't there anyone demanding we regulate sharp knives and only use butter knives
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I tend to stay away from these kinds of family dis-'functions'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm sure everyone here has someone in the extended family - cousins or nephews or grandkids or the friends any of them bring along - that are bottom rung opportunists who would slit their own mothers throats if it could get them drug / booze money on a Friday night. Or, they are in debt to the 'wrong people' so they think nothing of stealing things from your house while you show them hospitality. Church is the same way, I love my brethren but some of them are pretty screwed up or have companions / family members who are pretty screwed up.

I always tell my kids - as I'm putting on my Roscoe before doing some charity / church work: I like to do good things for people, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid as I do it.

Links