Pit Bull shot while attacking lab

This is a discussion on Pit Bull shot while attacking lab within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wonder if any charges were made against the shooter for his actions???...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pit Bull shot while attacking lab

I wonder if any charges were made against the shooter for his actions???
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I wonder if any charges were made against the shooter for his actions???
    To the best of my knowledge, no charges were filed against the shooter.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

I agree with a couple of the first "comments" to the article....

Sounds like they were doing all they could to manage and stop the fight, but .... couldn't accomplish it. So, it's not like the guy immediately pulled his gun and shot it without reason. There seemed to be plenty of reason. We have a "strange" thing in our law.... it says you can shoot to protect life, and we've had a lot of discussion that it does not say ..... human life. I don't find issue with what they did , given the situation.

Also here, you can shoot any animal attacking domestic livestock and/or or an animal used to control or herd livestock.

I'm with the other comments, shooting a pit bull, bull mastiff, and similar dogs in the head that have thick skulls, may not have the result people are expecting it to have. But, don't know the positions of the dogs when this occurred and that may have been the easier 'target' in the situation.

It's a shame that people use certain "events" to try to push their agenda, playing on emotions, rather than articulating their argument in a manner that convinces others in the wisdom and legitimacy of their argument. And if they can't, maybe it's because it doesn't hold water.
    OD* likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have called our local LE about a large agressive dog 'touring' our neighborhood. An Officer was sent out--dog was gone. I have a 7-year old daughter who loves to play in the yard. I mentioned my concerns to the Officer. He asked if I owned a handgun. I said yes, and he said if I felt in danger, to simply shoot the dog. Enough said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links