OK City Pharmacist Ersland Requests New Judge

This is a discussion on OK City Pharmacist Ersland Requests New Judge within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ersland is the OK City pharmacist who killed a 15 year old robber and was charged with murder. Ersland and his lawyer requested the original ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: OK City Pharmacist Ersland Requests New Judge

Ersland is the OK City pharmacist who killed a 15 year old robber and was charged with murder. Ersland and his lawyer requested the original judge, Tammy Bass-LeSure, be disqualified from hearing the case. Bass-LeSure recused herself and a new judge was assigned to hear the case.

Ersland requested the second judge be disqualified: The OK Court of Criminal Appeals refused to grant that request. Now Ersland wants Bass-LeSure to hear the case: Go figure.

The trial date is May 16, 2011.

WN.com - Articles related to Pharmacist Jerome Ersland wants prosecutor removed

He should have left the dirtbag lay still after the first shooting...he would have been just fine. Stepping over the line may/probably will cost him his freedom. No excuse for what the tape shows.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm not going to try the man in the forum. I will just say that in KY--when the threat is no longer there, the use of deadly force must stop.

A pharmacist should know what a correct dose of lead should be,he apparently over medicated the guy
    JOHNSMITH likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I agree that he should have stopped when the threat was over, but it still remains true that the robber was the bad guy. Without the robbers illegal doings, the pharmacist would have never had to make that decision. And with the adrenaline pumping on high, I dont fault him in his actions at all. Its a good thing that most justifiable shooting are not taped beacause there would be alot more cases like this one.

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't just shoot the guy again. He went and got another gun and then shot the guy again. If it had just been a heat of the moment thing where he turned around and maybe thought he grabbed for something I could justify that. No, he went and got another gun.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

No, he went and got another gun.
    Ersland did go and get another gun: Then he shot the perp some more. The police are saying that Ersland also tampered with the shooting scene. Ersland has managed to alienate the judge and the cops. He probably won't do too good with the jury either.

The Oklahoman:

Police suspected a pharmacist planted evidence inside the drugstore to bolster his claim he killed a masked robber in self-defense, reports show. 35.4072 -97.5474 Map Enlarge Map Multimedia Photoview all photos Related content Documents More Info Bullet holes? A Web site about a pharmacist and his murder case has photos, one of which is seen above, that purport to show bullet holes in the pharmacy wall caused by the robbers' gun. The pharmacist, Jerome Ersland, is listed as the administrative contact for the site, jeromeersland.com. Prosecutors say only one robber had a gun and it was not fired inside the...
    The Oklahoman 2010-02-21

Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    I agree that he should have stopped when the threat was over, but it still remains true that the robber was the bad guy. Without the robbers illegal doings, the pharmacist would have never had to make that decision. And with the adrenaline pumping on high, I dont fault him in his actions at all. Its a good thing that most justifiable shooting are not taped beacause there would be alot more cases like this one.
    Exactly! Put me on the jury. NOT GUILTY all day long.

Links