How would you have handled this carjacking?

This is a discussion on How would you have handled this carjacking? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Napa man carjacked at gunpoint in Vallejo - Vallejo Times Herald He noticed a white Nissan following his car closely, police said. At about 1:50 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How would you have handled this carjacking?

How would you have handled this carjacking?

Napa man carjacked at gunpoint in Vallejo - Vallejo Times Herald

He noticed a white Nissan following his car closely, police said.

At about 1:50 a.m., the white car cut him off and stopped in front of the victim's car, police said.

A man came out of the passenger's side and approached the victim's passenger and forced both of them to the ground at gunpoint, police said.

The suspect then fled with the victim's car with the white Nissan following behind, police added.

2. Remove Ads

How about put the car in reverse and get some distance between you and them.

Dirtbag would have been eating lead.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I'd run one of their butts over. The last thing they'd hear would be the metallic thump of my Jeep's bumper knocking them to the ground immediately before one of my 33" tires crushed a large portion of their anatomy.
    Bkrazy and JoJoGunn like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

When I taught my daughters how to drive.... I also taught them "how to have an accident."

If you are about to have an accident, and usually, we know in advance (unless rear ended), your first responsibility is to drive the car until it quits moving.

In the case of someone cutting me off and stopping in front of me... even with guns drawn, my bet is they can't shoot moving targets accurately... I'd drive off, over one of them if necessary, disabling their vehicle in the process if possible.

My guess is the young driver didn't want to hurt his new (to him) Mustang. Well, it's in pieces now, being sold for spare parts. He might as well have used it as a battering ram.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    If there was room on the passenger's side of other car to go around it the BG who got out would be hanging onto my muffler as I drag his butt down the street. If that is not possible, I don't like running with him shooting at me trying to get away. So at some point there will be gun fire and blood on the street and hopefully it will be the BGs.

What I see in my minds eye is at some point of my getting out of the car and the BG getting into the drives seat I would shoot him in the head. Until the doors are closed and he is driving off he is a threat and I will deal with it. If the Bg in other car did not drive off at the sound of gun fire there would also be rounds going into his car. If one is armed the other one will be assumed to also be armed, if nothing else his car is a weapon also.

After the shooting is over then it is up to LEO and DA to decide if I was right or wrong. But I plan to be alive!
    Last edited by rstickle; March 22nd, 2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Language work around
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    After 30 years in the claims business, I have seen plenty of set up rear ender accidents. Your natural reaction is to avoid the accident, it is against your nature to hit something with your car so I understand from a psychological standpoint why the driver stopped. However, at 1:30 AM some guys get out of the car, it is time to get the hell away from there.

A 2000 pound car is an awesome weapon, if faced with the situation use it.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Either hit reverse and keep my head down,or draw and shoot thru the front windshield til BG drops in a puddle of blood urine and feces
    garyacman likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

With open space behind me as soon as the cut off occurrs by the white vehicle I am in reverse and rapidly accelerating backwards, creating distance then making a j-turn and accelerating out of the area. As dukalmighty said I may have to fire through the window (there goes the hearing) or if no space behind me then Mr. BG becomes roadkill.
    Guantes and garyacman like this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Reverse, pedal to the metal, slew the wheel, forward, burn rubber outta there. "New Mustang"? Burn that rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    With open space behind me as soon as the cut off occurrs by the white vehicle I am in reverse and rapidly accelerating backwards, creating distance then making a j-turn and accelerating out of the area. As dukalmighty said I may have to fire through the window (there goes the hearing) or if no space behind me then Mr. BG becomes roadkill.
    Sounds like what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    A car tailgating me, then cuts me off and stop in front of me with people getting out? I don't care if its 1:30 in the day time or at night, I would feel that my life is greatly threaten and in danger.......
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Jeez this is simple.
    Since it occurred in California, I would have drawn my legally open carried UNLOADED gun, then pulled a magazine out, slapped it in, cocked the gun and BAM!.....

Oh damn, too slow. I guess I'm dead. Not to worry the POLICE will protect & serve me! <sarc>

So I would have to say, I'd move out of California before it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreco View Post
    Jeez this is simple.
    Since it occurred in California, I would have drawn my legally open carried UNLOADED gun, then pulled a magazine out, slapped it in, cocked the gun and BAM!.....

Oh damn, too slow. I guess I'm dead. Not to worry the POLICE will protect & serve me! <sarc>

So I would have to say, I'd move out of California before it ever happens.
    This sounds like a plan!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    This would probably be my choice. One reason being that they would have to reverse direction to give chase, giving me a little more time to make distance and elude. If I pass going forward, they could be right on my butt unless I have room to take the passenger out. Specific circumstances would probably be the deciding factor.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links