Bad-man sentenced to five years for accidentally shooting best friend

This is a discussion on Bad-man sentenced to five years for accidentally shooting best friend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not quite sure where I come down on this. I admit, the attempted cover up was compounding another huge error in judgment, but there must ...

Thread: Bad-man sentenced to five years for accidentally shooting best friend

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Bad-man sentenced to five years for accidentally shooting best friend

Not quite sure where I come down on this. I admit, the attempted cover up was compounding another huge error in judgment, but there must be more to the story-5 years? A lesson on safety as always.

Man gets 5 years for accidentally shooting friend | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Don't drink and play with guns. Don't ignore every possible safety rule. Don't lie to the police to cover up your own stupidity and criminal negligence. There, I just saved you five years in prison.

The sentence seems about right to me...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Sounds to me like a headshot would be extremely unlucky,unless drunk boy was aiming it at his friend and pulled the trigger,he is lucky he only got 5 years,he looks like he's gonna have a rough time in prison
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The sentence sounds about right to me too. I like the judge's quote.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Sad story, but some seriously bad decisions were made by this young man.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This guy got a life's sentence anyway.
    He'll be locked up behind an accusing conscience until the day he dies.
    Wouldn't ever want to be where he is.
    Be safe everyone.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Alcohol, youth and guns. VERY bad combination. 5 years seems light to me. He killed another man.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Links