Good - Pagent Princess Pulls Pink Pistol, Punctures Perp - Page 3

Good - Pagent Princess Pulls Pink Pistol, Punctures Perp

This is a discussion on Good - Pagent Princess Pulls Pink Pistol, Punctures Perp within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by bigmacque Why was she even answering the doorbell, if her fiance was home? Get his butt up out of bed, arm him, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Good - Pagent Princess Pulls Pink Pistol, Punctures Perp

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Why was she even answering the doorbell, if her fiance was home? Get his butt up out of bed, arm him, and send him to the door.
    + 1 Absolutely.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Why was anybody answering the door unarmed at 3 AM?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

My wife opens doors to pretty much everyone no matter how derelict they appear. You have to extend trust to people, right? So the same deal in my house, I can't help who my wife or kids are going to let in, all I can do is make sure that when the nob turns, I'm ready to put down an aggressor.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I have said it here and in person for years now, and here's the proof. Anything that gets more women interested in shooting and being able to defend their lives and their loved ones with a gun, including the gun being pink, is a good thing.

Absolutely Yes!

Add Hello Kitty on it if it helps make the sidearm feel less threatening.

I like how their names are now publicly known, in what city they live, and that she wears a 60K ring wherever she goes.

Well done!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    It sounds to me like he was basically useless.

^^^^^TO his defense^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The article did read that once the BG was dragging her to a bedroom, the BF engaged said BG and was struggling with him, and that allowed her to retrieve the firearm.

I agree though, he was kind of a lame-O.

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    My wife opens doors to pretty much everyone no matter how derelict they appear. You have to extend trust to people, right? So the same deal in my house, I can't help who my wife or kids are going to let in, all I can do is make sure that when the nob turns, I'm ready to put down an aggressor.

^^^^^^^^^The only problem with that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lance22, is what is your wife/kids going to do when YOU are not there???

I would teach them fast and hard, when to, and when not to open the door, or you just might as well teach them to lay in a pool of blood, and wait till you come home to find them.

Me, I taught mine to check and double-check who's at the door.
    The other option, they said sucked when I presented it to them.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Good for her, to recover from a bad decision and make good hits under extreme pressure!! Shoot until empty, reload, repeat as necessary...
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The article did read that once the BG was dragging her to a bedroom, the BF engaged said BG and was struggling with him, and that allowed her to retrieve the firearm.

I agree though, he was kind of a lame-O.
    It sounds to me like if he had answered the door by himself, the dirtbag would have beaten the snot out of him in no time flat. As long as mama was awake she might have still saved the day, but if she hadn't been then she would have been screwed as well.

“She was not a good shot at the range,” he quipped.
    She got the job done though. It's better to be able to pull the trigger when it matters the most than being a good shot.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalitten View Post
    She got the job done though. It's better to be able to pull the trigger when it matters the most than being a good shot.
    Right on!

Luck or not, she kept her head, fired at least 4, maybe 5 shots, got 4 hits on the perp, and managed to avoid hitting her fiancee who was fighting with the perp. At this point I don't care if she can hit a target or not, she is "way" better than average under pressure. This is not a dumb beauty queen folks, she has her wits about her - this is closet warrior masquerading as a beauty queen. She hasn't had much training on situational awareness, but she used all the skills she had and focused well enough to save the day. Good for her.

Hopefully she copes with the after effects and won't need to do something like this ever again.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Look at the guy's quote at the end, LOL!

""Panthaber, meanwhile, said he and his fiancee are lucky to be alive. He said he purchased the pink handgun for Brown last Christmas and that the two had gone to target practice together.

She was not a good shot at the range,” he quipped.""

-
    You know, I'd rather be lucky than good any day. In the end she took care of business though.

VIP Member
    So… what kind of pizza was it, and did they still have to pay?
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

It all just sounds too sketchy to me. I'd hope to be wrong, and I'm pretty sure the media has it all bass-ackwards and biased, but there are too many chin scratching pieces that make me believe she would only go to the door and open it for someone she knew - and they both knew. Even though armed, public knowledge of their wealth and his whimpiness is an open invitation for some hardier threats. Gotta be more to the story me thinks.
    "I wish I would have done the hard things when they were easier to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    It sounds to me like he was basically useless.
    Vs a career criminal probably high on something? Give the guy a little credit. No normal person functions at 100% at 3 am. He responded to the threat and bought her enough time to retrieve her gun.

WHY did anyone answer the door, PERIOD at 3 a.m.? We've had instances here where robbers attempt entry in homes posing as utility/cable TV, etc. workers. These have happened in the middle of the day. My wife and daughter do not open the door, unless it's a person they KNOW. And I have sent people on their way without opening the door--

I'm glad this incident turned out well for the homeowners.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Good outcome on this one - a home invader perp is dead. People of wealth could, however, learn a thing or two about living a flashy lifestyle. $60K engagement ring, $100 bills to pay for pizza...

Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion - FoxNews.com
    Perp Permanently Prevented from Perpetuating Piracy.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links