Man, 7-year-old girl shot outside Fayetteville restaurant

This is a discussion on Man, 7-year-old girl shot outside Fayetteville restaurant within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fayetteville, N.C. — Two people were shot outside a Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits restaurant on Bragg Boulevard in Fayetteville Tuesday night, police said. A man ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Man, 7-year-old girl shot outside Fayetteville restaurant

VIP Member

Man, 7-year-old girl shot outside Fayetteville restaurant

Fayetteville, N.C. — Two people were shot outside a Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits restaurant on Bragg Boulevard in Fayetteville Tuesday night, police said.

A man and his 7-year-old daughter were hit several times, police said. They were taken to Cape Fear Valley Hospital, but their conditions were not released, police said.

Authorities have one suspect in custody and the investigation is ongoing.

According to witnesses at the scene, two cars were involved in a wreck outside the restaurant around 9:30 p.m. The driver of one of the cars got out and began shooting at a man and his two daughters, 4 and 7, who were inside the other car.
    Man, 7-year-old girl shot outside Fayetteville restaurant :: WRAL.com

This was breaking news on tonight’s newscast so there are not a lot of details available yet. Hard to say what the outcome would have been had the other driver been armed. With more than fifteen years of legal concealed carry in North Carolina the anti-gunners finally have a story that fits their “blood in the streets” wailing. The news did report the ones shot were in the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

I don't see anything about the guy legally carrying. The anti's only concern is for blood in the street from lawfully carried guns. They don't care how much innocent blood the criminals spill. I'm sure if he was legal we'll know soon enough.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

There's a lot of evil people and dings out there. If you are not prepared for them, you and yours may suffer for it.
    Old School likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    There's a lot of evil people and dings out there. If you are not prepared for them, you and yours may suffer for it.
    +1!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I feel sorry for the father and his girls for what happened to them. That will probably affect the 4 year old for the rest of her life. Hope it doesn't turn her into an anti when she gets older.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

In front of Popeyes? But Popeye's and Church's Chicken are always in such nice neighborhoods!

May the perp get a long, strong taste of his own medicine. EDITED: In this case I'll admit that the perp (pictured here) looks much classier than the normal Popeye's / Church's clientele. And that's why I don't go to those places, I can find better people in prison than at Popeye's.
    Last edited by lance22; March 23rd, 2011 at 12:54 PM.

VIP Member

Update

Fayetteville, N.C. — A driver shot a man and his 7-year-old daughter after a wreck on Bragg Boulevard in Fayetteville Tuesday night, police said.

Police spokesman Gavin McRoberts said that Eric Samuel Jones Jr. rear-ended a white sedan, occupied by Derrick Kelly and his 7- and 4-year-old daughter, around 9:30 p.m. on Bragg Boulevard, near William Clark Road.

Jones, 21, of 2515 Cattail Circle, ran to the sedan, pulled out a .22-caliber revolver and fired, striking Kelly three times and the 7-year-old girl four times, McRoberts said. The 4-year-old girl was unharmed.
    Man, 7-year-old girl shot after Fayetteville wreck :: WRAL.com

With Jones prior history he has shown he does not deserve to be on the streets.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Man, 7-year-old girl shot after Fayetteville wreck :: WRAL.com

With Jones prior history he has shown he does not deserve to be on the streets.

With what he just did, IMHO, he deserves to cease existing.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    In front of Popeyes? But Popeye's and Church's Chicken are always in such nice neighborhoods!

May the perp get a long, strong taste of his own medicine.
    Popeye's? At 9:30 with at least one kid of school age?

I just know there is more to this story as far as dear old, dear old dad goes.

And see, junk food really can kill you...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Popeye's? At 9:30 with at least one kid of school age?

I just know there is more to this story as far as dear old, dear old dad goes.

And see, junk food really can kill you...
    We have a skeptical bunch here, but this one is over the top. The shooter rear-ended the victim's car. The shooter has a prior felony conviction. Appearances shouldn't count, but look at what his picture looks like-- what he is, stupid thug. Don't shift the blame to the victims. A man has a right to go out for some food. Maybe he got home from work late? Maybe they were both just hungry. Maybe that "treat" was for the kid having finished a school project. You don't know. But here you are, bashing the victim.

I'm an avid consumer of both Church's chicken and popeye. There are plenty of these places which aren't in lousy locations where people don't belong after dark, not that such would excuse the idiot who did the shooting.

Another great example of why any felon (maybe some exceptions for white collar stuff) found with a gun must be charged and should get a heavy sentence. They are dangerous people!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Man, 7-year-old girl shot outside Fayetteville restaurant :: WRAL.com

This was breaking news on tonight’s newscast so there are not a lot of details available yet. Hard to say what the outcome would have been had the other driver been armed. With more than fifteen years of legal concealed carry in North Carolina the anti-gunners finally have a story that fits their “blood in the streets” wailing. The news did report the ones shot were in the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
    I'm sorry, but what planet are you from???? How on Earth does this story fit & fuel the Anti's wailing of “blood in the streets” caused by legal CCW by law-abiding citizens? This is a complete opposite story of a BG with a significant criminal record, illegally (because of his criminal background) possessing a firearm, & using that firearm durng the commission of yet another crime, an attempted car jacking resulting in the BG shooting unarmed innocent citizens in the process!!

If anything, this is a picture perfect poster story to throw in the face of the antis on 2 counts!!!

1.) It illustrates that BG's with criminal backgrounds, who by law, cannot legally own or possess firearms, will have total disregard of those laws and possess firearms anyway, regardless of how many gun laws are on the books.

2.) It illustrates the need for law abiding citizens to not be restricted or prohibited from legal firearm ownership for self defense against these criminal elements.

The anti's solution to self defense is to dial 911 & let the police protect you. When during this process, should / could the father have dialed 911 in order to be protected from this crime by the police? The obvious answer is: there was no opportunity, from the time he was rear-ended, until the time he and his daughter were shot, to have dialed 911 ... nor were the police within a 15 second radius to have either prevented this from happening, or to have stopped it in it's early stages before shots were fired. A perfect pro 2A / CCW rights example. IMHO.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    We have a skeptical bunch here, but this one is over the top. The shooter rear-ended the victim's car. The shooter has a prior felony conviction. Appearances shouldn't count, but look at what his picture looks like-- what he is, stupid thug. Don't shift the blame to the victims. A man has a right to go out for some food. Maybe he got home from work late? Maybe they were both just hungry. Maybe that "treat" was for the kid having finished a school project. You don't know. But here you are, bashing the victim.

I'm an avid consumer of both Church's chicken and popeye. There are plenty of these places which aren't in lousy locations where people don't belong after dark, not that such would excuse the idiot who did the shooting.

Another great example of why any felon (maybe some exceptions for white collar stuff) found with a gun must be charged and should get a heavy sentence. They are dangerous people!!!!!
    +1, Not to mention the fact that, nowhere did I read that they actually went to the place for dinner, just that the accident happened in front of the Popeye's chicken @ so and so place. It said they ran into the Popeye's chicken to get help. Anyway, I just wish the guy would've been a CC and put a bullet in the mug of that loser before the monster could've shot his daughter; or anyone for that matter.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I shamelessly profile. I have found it suits my street survival equation quite nicely. Appearances count hugely. In fact, in my estimation, more people would not get hurt if they profiled better and listened to their inner voice (assuming they have one).

I find a scenario where a guy rear ends a car, and immediately jumps out and runs up to the car he just hit, and starts firing into the vehicle quite suspect.

I will also admit I am wrong when/if the facts are determined that I am.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    I'm sorry, but what planet are you from???? How on Earth does this story fit & fuel the Anti's wailing of “blood in the streets” caused by legal CCW by law-abiding citizens? This is a complete opposite story of a BG with a significant criminal record, illegally (because of his criminal background) possessing a firearm, & using that firearm durng the commission of yet another crime, an attempted car jacking resulting in the BG shooting unarmed innocent citizens in the process!!

If anything, this is a picture perfect poster story to throw in the face of the antis on 2 counts!!!

1.) It illustrates that BG's with criminal backgrounds, who by law, cannot legally own or possess firearms, will have total disregard of those laws and possess firearms anyway, regardless of how many gun laws are on the books.

2.) It illustrates the need for law abiding citizens to not be restricted or prohibited from legal firearm ownership for self defense against these criminal elements.

The anti's solution to self defense is to dial 911 & let the police protect you. When during this process, should / could the father have dialed 911 in order to be protected from this crime by the police? The obvious answer is: there was no opportunity, from the time he was rear-ended, until the time he and his daughter were shot, to have dialed 911 ... nor were the police within a 15 second radius to have either prevented this from happening, or to have stopped it in it's early stages before shots were fired. A perfect pro 2A / CCW rights example. IMHO.
    Plus 1+

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    An attack like this will be on the Brady Centers or the VPC website as “Crazed gunowner shoots father and daughter after minor traffic accident”. There would never be any mention of the gunowner’s prior history or felony conviction .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links