Thank You Lasermax.

Thank You Lasermax.

This is a discussion on Thank You Lasermax. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last night my wife and I were finishing up our wonderful night of fishing and then a late night snack on the way home from ...

Thank You Lasermax.

Last night my wife and I were finishing up our wonderful night of fishing and then a late night snack on the way home from the lake. It was about 2:15 in the am and we had just finished dinner and was about 2 blocks from our house when we passed a male subject in his early 20's trying to thumb a ride. After backing into the driveway my wife said "hey that guy is running our way." I quickly locked the doors before he got to the truck.

Now my truck has 5% window tint so the windows are very dark so he could not see us inside. The subject ran in front of my truck and over to the passenger side and started pulling on the door handle. Being that my wife was in that seat I could not see him. My wife then stated "hunny he is putting his hands in his pockets." I the drew my duty weapon (a Glock 19 with night sights and a Lasermax sighting system) and exited the driver side of the vehicle and had the wife call 911.

The whole time this subject has yet to say anything and is still trying to open the door. I took up position at the rear of the cab about mid way down the bed of the truck and took aim. The subject then started walking to the rear of the truck when I advised him to show me his hands. When he did not comply with my orders I then activated my laser and placed that little red dot right on his nose (that was a lovely sight). When he saw the laser he turned and ran as fast as he could down the road.

After talking to some friends of mine who work for the local Police they stated that when they found this kid he was crying and yelling "that basterd was going to kill me." Turns out he was drunk and looking for a way home which was not even close to where he was at.

Assistant Administrator
    Pulling on door - hands in pockets - enough to certainly suspect other than good intentions - and that time of day too!!!

Glad all was OK - I daresay he needed a laundry change
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Pretty funny, and it turned out OK. Happy for ya! Out of curiosity, why didn't you just floor it, pull out on the street at a high rate of speed and call the police while departing? That's my initial thought, but I'd like to hear yours. Actually, yours is very funny...........kid may swear off drinking! Tough night for him! A laser, laundry, then the LEO's! Hope his parents KHA.

Administrator

That Worked Out Just Fine

LaserMax has quite a few true (in fact many) success stories chalked up to their reputation. Glad that it all worked out OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    Pretty funny, and it turned out OK. Happy for ya! Out of curiosity, why didn't you just floor it, pull out on the street at a high rate of speed and call the police while departing? That's my initial thought, but I'd like to hear yours. Actually, yours is very funny...........kid may swear off drinking! Tough night for him! A laser, laundry, then the LEO's! Hope his parents KHA.

Being in LE I am not one to just run. Leaving the area did cross my mind but if I did that then I thought he could have hid around the house and waited for us to come back.

VIP Member
    Awe dog gone it... ya went and made me wanna new toy!

That story illustrated for me a good reason to have a laser... it might have saved that kids life!

I guess I'll have to break down and try it my P-226!

(I was just waiting for a good excuse and someone to blame!)
    Last edited by Thumper; July 22nd, 2006 at 06:31 PM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Hey Thumper if it keeps someone safe and gets you some new toys I will be happy to take the blame.

Lead Moderator
    Nice job, not sure I wouldn't have put some distance between him and my ride first though. Especially with the signifigant other with me.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by glocksmygun
    Being in LE I am not one to just run. Leaving the area did cross my mind but if I did that then I thought he could have hid around the house and waited for us to come back.
    You are the Cavalry! My mistake!

Links