Mall Shooting

This is a discussion on Mall Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 4 killed, 16 wounded in Dutch mall shooting - Yahoo! News I do not believe there are many concealed permits issued in the Netherlands for ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 3 Post By alachner
  • 1 Post By Naufragia

Thread: Mall Shooting

Unhappy Mall Shooting

4 killed, 16 wounded in Dutch mall shooting - Yahoo! News

I do not believe there are many concealed permits issued in the Netherlands for personal protection. Another kill a lot of people then kill myself shooting. Very sad where this world is going.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Nothing left to do in the Netherlands except outlaw malls.
    I'm sorry that people could not have been armed and been able put this dirtbag down with his first shot.OMO
    oneshot likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dang! I have a friend who just left for Holland yesterday with his wife for a sight seeing tour starting in Amsterdam.
    The News does not report and Americans which is good news for us.
    His wife is a professional shopper.
    Think I'll E Mail him and see if he responds.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Hope your buddy is ok. Another example of how Laws are only for the law abiding.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Here's an extract of the story that is very interesting to analyze:

Gun permits are difficult to obtain, but illegal automatic weapons and ammunition are frequently seized during drug busts.
    This is another solid fact that gun control does not work in reducing murders, massive shooting or overall gun violence. The problem is not legal concealed carry weapon holders, but rather the booming black market of illegal firearms all around the World.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

"You hear about this sort of thing happening at American schools and you think that's a long way away," said Rob Kuipers, 50, a project manager. "Now it's happened here in the Netherlands."
    Selective amnesia on the Euro's part. How about right next door: German school gunman 'kills 15'. A lot more recent than Columbine.
    Old School likes this.

I was at my local mall today. Fortunately, I live in a place where I am able to have my XD45 with me... and I did.

Sad that this happened. Another coward deciding to kill himself by taking a bunch of innocents with him. I assume there'll probably be more stringent gun control in the EU in general, and they'll thus miss the point entirely. A sad day for the Netherlands and Brazil today.

I just hope no one is planning to "copycat" either attack in any other conutry, including here in the US.

At any rate, folks, carry always and be alert.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Here's an extract of the story that is very interesting to analyze:

This is another solid fact that gun control does not work in reducing murders, massive shooting or overall gun violence. The problem is not legal concealed carry weapon holders, but rather the booming black market of illegal firearms all around the World.

^^^^^^^I agree with this post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We need to hope and pray they( the powers that be) do not figure out a way to ban the manufacture of firearms around the world.
    once/if that happens they will demand all of them turned in, and if you have a historical piece, it would be rendered inoperable.
    Don't laugh, because if they ever figure out a way to fight wars without infantries , it could happen.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your
    own gun."His Holiness, the XIV Dalai Lama
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Dang! I have a friend who just left for Holland yesterday with his wife for a sight seeing tour starting in Amsterdam.
    The News does not report and Americans which is good news for us.
    His wife is a professional shopper.
    Think I'll E Mail him and see if he responds.
    Sightseeing with your wife in Amsterdam.......yea, that's a good idea.....

one more reason to not leave the good ol USA

The Dutch are one of the few EU countries that still really like and respect Americans. They happen to remember what we paid for their freedom, unlike the French and English.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links