Local Man Recalls His Shootout with an Armed Robber and Gang Member -- Photo, Link

Local Man Recalls His Shootout with an Armed Robber and Gang Member -- Photo, Link

This is a discussion on Local Man Recalls His Shootout with an Armed Robber and Gang Member -- Photo, Link within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A local man who was involved in a shootout with an armed gang member who invaded the Coffee Kiosk that he was working at last ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Local Man Recalls His Shootout with an Armed Robber and Gang Member -- Photo, Link

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

A local man who was involved in a shootout with an armed gang member who invaded the Coffee Kiosk that he was working at last year and demanded money has finally come forward and talked to the press about the incident.

Aaron Walker pulled out his own handgun and shot it out with the armed robber, after the robber ordered him at gunpoint to turn around and look away. This was after Walker had opened the cash drawer for the robber to take. As the robber was distracted while taking the money, Walker drew his own Glock 23. In the exchange of gunfire that took place, the robber, Sirus Combs, was killed. Combs tried to flee, but collapsed on the ground just outside the Kiosk mortally wounded by multiple gunshot wounds.

Walker was armed at work because he had an Oregon Concealed Handgun License, and did not feel safe working at the Kiosk late at night all alone.

If you would like to read Walker's full account, here is a link to the news story:

‘Sometimes danger finds you’ | A coffee barista recounts the night of a fatal confrontation

And here is a photo of Walker standing outside the Kiosk where the shootout took place last year. He has since taken a new job and is working elsewhere. He felt the job left him too vulnerable to retaliation by other members of Eugene's Westside Street Gang for him to be able to continue to work there.

I think he did the right thing, if he'd turned away as asked, he might have been shot himself!
    oneshot and 640girl like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Brave man. Good for him. Pity about poor Mr. Combs, though.
    NOT!

VIP Member
    Its amazing what deplorable lengths an attorney will sometimes go to, to cast that "shadow of a doubt" to the jurors in the other knuckledraggers trial; as in trying to paint Walker as someone who was buying drugs, and that he knew Combs,(the dead knuckledragger), just to get an aquittal for Brandon Plunk.

^^^Notice if you remove the L in his last name?!?!^^^^^^^^^^^

According to my best recollection, I don't remember.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Its amazing what deplorable lengths an attorney will sometimes go to, to cast that "shadow of a doubt" to the jurors in the other knuckledraggers trial; as in trying to paint Walker as someone who was buying drugs, and that he knew Combs,(the dead knuckledragger), just to get an aquittal for Brandon Plunk.

^^^Notice if you remove the L in his last name?!?!^^^^^^^^^^^

According to my best recollection, I don't remember.
    I once sat in the Court Room for 4 days while Race Horse Hanes defended Pamela Fielder for murdering her husband.
    Casting accusations and trying every trick in the book to throw off the Procecution and Jury is all part of the game of a Defense Attorney.
    Race Horse Hanes was one of the best at being the biggest pain in the ass I've ever seen in a Court Room.
    He even objected to every witness stating their name for the record.

No doubt Mr. Plunk's Attorney was doing his best to smoke screen his client and it sounds like the Jury bought into it enough to be confused.
    Had Mr. Plunk been killed during the Commission of the Armed Felony there would have been no problem, or Court expenses.

Every time I'm paneled for a Jury, I tell them my good friend is with the DA's Office and I get shown the door real quick.
    If they need convincing I always tell them the DA's Office would not be wasting their time if their client wasn't guilty.
    The sad part is even if I want to be on a jury I know too many people in the DA's office to be picked.

Sounds like Mr. Plunk's friends and family hired a good Bottom Feeder.
    I doubt it will turn his life back to the straight and narrow.
    He'll end up dead in a gutter before his time I'm sure.
    Let's hope no innocent person has to pay with their life because of the Jury's confusion before that happens.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Thank you Mr Walker for removing the bg, one less to worry about.

Good guys win again...

The dirtbag went for some money 'take out', but instead got himself taken out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming09 View Post
    Pity about poor Mr. Combs, though.
    NOT!
    Actually, there was a huge turnout for the funeral of Combs. He had lots of friends and family. Many people wrote in the guest book.

One young lady even wrote that he was the greatest man that she ever knew. She said that, of a man who had multiple arrests for doing drugs.

Go figure --

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Every time I'm paneled for a Jury, I tell them my good friend is with the DA's Office and I get shown the door real quick.
    If they need convincing I always tell them the DA's Office would not be wasting their time if their client wasn't guilty.
    The sad part is even if I want to be on a jury I know too many people in the DA's office to be picked.
    During my last jury selection they asked me did I know anyone involved with the trial, and how did I know them. I knew every one there, actually on a first-name basis, including the judge, the only exception was the accused, I didn't know him at all. Needless to say I didn't get picked. Criminal jury duty is hopeless for me, though I have been picked for two Civil trials.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Here's a related read on the acquittal of the murderous thug Plunk.

Video camera has Plunk and Combs shown together shortly before the robbery of the coffee stand, pulling black masks over their faces. And the jury acquits this piece of garbage? Shameful miscarriage of justice.
    oneshot likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    During my last jury selection they asked me did I know anyone involved with the trial, and how did I know them. I knew every one there, actually on a first-name basis, including the judge, the only exception was the accused, I didn't know him at all. Needless to say I didn't get picked. Criminal jury duty is hopeless for me, though I have been picked for two Civil trials.
    The last time I was called (been several years ago) I had just finished an internship with the DAs office. Knew the judge, the arresting officer, detective, the DA, and the investigator for the DA. Still got seated, but did disclose all of those relationships.

Combs tried to flee, but collapsed on the ground just outside the Kiosk mortally wounded by multiple gunshot wounds.
    Gang banger Combs had a moment ot two to reflect on his decision to rob the place.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    One young lady even wrote that he was the greatest man that she ever knew. She said that, of a man who had multiple arrests for doing drugs.

Go figure --
    OK, I'm going to be the semi-dissenting voice here: Just because a person is a "dirt-bag" (AKA "criminal"), doesn't mean that they don't have some redeeming qualities to their life. I am NOT, in ANY way excusing his actions and his criminal record--his death was an inherant risk for those who break the law and commit violent crime. BUT, he was still a human, obvioiusly loved by many, and who likely loved others in return. He may have had some actual good qualities in him, he may have been loyal, generous, who knows?? But the fact that he was loved by many people does say that this kid wasn't all bad--stupid, foolish--oh Yes!

I have met people who were inherently foolish--they made stupid choices on a consistent basis, (and often suffered the recurring consequences of their stupid choices) but they were not evil. Stupid, foolish, dumb, unwilling to learn, whatever, but not evil. Then, I have met or encountered a few people who were truly "bad to the bone", folks who were EVIL they just needed to be shot out-of-hand--I know that to maintain a just and honorable culture, there does need to be a crimial justice process, but those folks who are truly EVIL, are, it seems to me, in a different class from folks like Combs.

Lots of saddness around this issue--and the young lady--if Combs was the best man she knew, what does that say about the quality of the "men" in her life and people in her sphere? I understnd that there are a multiple of factors that go into influencing a person's life choices, and that personal responsibility is a HUGE factor, but I still remember, "there, but for the Grace of God go I...."
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

.......and the cop asked "Why do you feel the need to carry a gun" duh.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Good for Mr. Walker! It is always good to see the good guy win!
    oneshot likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links