MARTA gang attack.

This is a discussion on MARTA gang attack. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Source Atlanta Area and North Georgia Local News, Weather, Traffic, Sports and Entertainment - WSB-TV Delta Employees Attacked On MARTA Train Erica Byfield reports Posted: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: MARTA gang attack.

MARTA gang attack.

Source Atlanta Area and North Georgia Local News, Weather, Traffic, Sports and Entertainment - WSB-TV

Delta Employees Attacked On MARTA Train

Erica Byfield reports
    Posted: 6:50 am EDT April 20, 2011
    Updated: 6:59 am EDT April 20, 2011

ATLANTA -- Two Delta Airlines employees were attacked on a MARTA train.

Violent Attack On MARTA Train Under Investigation

MARTA police said they were investigating the incident. A witness said he watched the violent attack unfold Sunday.

"We were intimidated. Everyone was terrified. People were trying to run, but there was nowhere to run," the man, who requested anonymity, told Channel 2's Erica Byfield.

Around midnight, a MARTA train pulled up to the Garnett Station in Downtown Atlanta, authorities said. The witness said up to 30 people boarded the southbound train.

"Once the doors opened, it was like a bum rush of people," he told Byfield. "The next thing you know, they started just beating him. There was blood everywhere. People were hollering and screaming," he said.

A MARTA police report identified two victims as Delta Airlines employees. The report said one victim had a soda can smashed in his face and his wallet stolen, while the other was punched repeatedly in his face.

The witness said the attackers were teens chanting "B. F. P. L."

"I don't know if that's a gang," the witness said.

By the time the train made it to West End stop, some riders were desperate to get off, but the car doors would not open, the witness said.

"So basically we were just trapped," he said.

The witness told Byfield he saw the teens exit the train at the Oakland City stop.

"For people to have to witness that it is ridiculous," he said.

2. Remove Ads

Whole car full of people, they should have just trampled them!
    8th ID and RemMod597 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Anyone , Anytime, Anyplace.

For whatever reason.
    They didn't like the clothes you were wearing.
    They didn't like the way you looked at them.
    They thought your kids looked funny.
    They thought you looked like somebody who "dissed" their buddy last month.
    People are nuts.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Animals should be treated properly...shot quickly and fed to the gators.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I wonder if they were wearing airline attire/uniforms airline personnel are easily identified as likely unarmed.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member
    B.P.F.L. = Bank First Pay Later
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

If I am interpreting it correctly, there were some people on the train when thirty BGs got on and started screwing with everybody.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

What do you guys think? Would a firearm have helped? Remember, when shots ring out, nobody thinks about sacrificing themselves to reduce the round count.

But here's the deal: "We were trapped... the doors didn't open... we were trapped."

Out in the open, the gang would high tail it upon encountering armed resistance. In a locked railway car, it would be a very uneasy standoff. Not sure about MARTA, but if I remember correctly, you can move from one car to the next. So the move here would be to try to get to the next car behind you and guard the door. That might work if you're already at the end of the car. If you're in the middle, the gang on both sides of you, this would be a really tough situation.

Atlanta's a very tough town. I'm always on high alert there, especially around the Peachtree Street area.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

damn 30 people getting on a train and messing with people.....I am not sure what I would do. When I saw them getting on I think I would put as much distance between them and me/my loved ones as I could. First sign of trouble I would call the cops and have them waiting at the station when the train pulled in. Not much else you can/should do. Also if there really were 30 of them, I would bet my last dollar that at least one of them was armed with at least a knife of some sort if not a pistol.
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

I think there are several possibilities.
    If any of them have guns, you might wind up in a gunfight.
    If they don't have guns, you drop two or three, I think it will be the reverse of what happened. They will cluster to stay away from you. I don't see a Samurai charge as in them.
    IF they are assaulting people to near death, drop one, drop thirty, whatever it takes.
    tcox4freedom and TVJ like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

and some of my co-workers wonder why I don't go downtown more often or ride MARTA to the airport instead of driving. I've turned down more than a couple of jobs/contracts because I would have to work downtown or further south.

I'm just glad I can CC in GA on MARTA and at the airport. It's the only way I'll be there. There are usually MARTA police at the stations but rarely on the trains.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Atlanta's a very tough town. I'm always on high alert there, especially around the Peachtree Street area.
    Peachtree street area? That's a big area.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Let's hope the gators do not need pepto bismal after eating a meal like that.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Unfortunately with todays Liberal society these savages are the direct result of disadvantaged parents. Courts will find em not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    Peachtree street area? That's a big area.
    Haha, that's what I was thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links