Police officer shoots neighbor

This is a discussion on Police officer shoots neighbor within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is an odd one: A Philadelphia off-duty police officer who shot a neighbor has been placed on limited duty while the shooting is investigated, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Police officer shoots neighbor

Police officer shoots neighbor

This is an odd one:

A Philadelphia off-duty police officer who shot a neighbor has been placed on limited duty while the shooting is investigated, police said.

The man he shot, Josh Taylor, 23, was rushed to a hospital Monday by another neighbor with a wound in the chest, the Philadelphia Daily News reported. Relatives told the newspaper they had been informed he was unlikely to live.

Police did not identify the officer by name but said he had been with the department for 18 years.

What led to the shooting was unclear late Monday. One bystander told WCAU-TV the two men got into an argument about a parking space.

Police said the officer noticed Taylor had a gun.

Taylor's girlfriend, Britney, said the two of them had just returned from a trip to the supermarket at about 4 p.m. She said she was in the house with their two young sons when Taylor rushed in.

"I said, 'What are you running for?' And then he opened the door like he was welcome in our house," Britton told the News. "He didn't have a badge. He didn't have a warrant. He took a breath, looked at me, and shot Josh. And then he turned and ran."

Britton said her boyfriend did have a gun in his pocket because he planned to go target shooting with a friend.

Too early to say for sure, of course, but if the girlfriend's story checks out, the officer may be in for a 1st degree murder charge.

Full Story

2. Remove Ads

I'd be interested to see how this shakes out. As is the story doesn't seem to add up to me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I'd be interested to see how this shakes out. As is the story doesn't seem to add up to me.
    Yah. Whenever I read what the media puts out today, I envision monkeys banging on typewriters.

As much as we have seen lately, can we really trust the media to tell us the "truth"? Maybe they don't have all the facts yet either but are just reporting what they have found or been told. Who knows at this early stage.

Here in my hometown, there have been a small number of shootings of people by police. One officer who had been involved in one other shooting and the newspaper climbed all over it saying the police seemed to be too "trigger-happy." All of them were cleared of any wrong-doing.

Will be interesting to see what happens when all the facts come out.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yah. Whenever I read what the media puts out today, I envision monkeys banging on typewriters.
    If it happened the way the GF claims ,it sounds like somebody is in trouble.I would need more Info from a reliable source

Down here we are more confused after trying to read a story,I am not kidding when not only can they not spell,but sentence structure is a dieing trait,and it gets a pass by the Editor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think that reporter should go back on the fruit and vegetable beat! There have been several people shot over parking spaces in Philly, this is the first I've heard of a LEO being involved. Unless we get some more facts, it looks bad for the LEO. OMHO!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Either way,I'm betting every lawyer within 100 miles is shoving a business card under the door,If he not only shot the guy,but did it with an issued firearm it won't be pretty
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Close to where I live a couple of years ago 5 officers gunned down an unarmed man in front of a night club they were never charged. I think they take care of their own.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wi44hunter View Post
    Close to where I live a couple of years ago 5 officers gunned down an unarmed man in front of a night club they were never charged. I think they take care of their own.
    You don't have to have an armed suspect to have a justified shooting. It makes things a little more clear cut, but a lot happens in a dynamic situation.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I don't trust a GF or wife "eyewitness" statement when it comes to things like this. A lot doesn't add up at all. I hope everything get settled fast and the appropriate actions are made.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I don't trust a GF or wife "eyewitness" statement when it comes to things like this. A lot doesn't add up at all. I hope everything get settled fast and the appropriate actions are made.
    Regardless of facts. I do not see how this plays out "offduty" "issued sidearm" "entering another person's property" "shooting person" in case you did not see it "offduty"

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Why is that couple not married when they have two young sons?

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Why is that couple not married when they have two young sons?

Why does that even matter? People do that all the time in todays age.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

yeah and it's the reason there are so many problems in this country. No permanent full time dad's just part-time sperm doner's that rove randomly around giving their seed to hood rats who have babies for that government check..talk about integrity in question...the media is the least of it..
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Yes sometimes Police have to act "off duty" and sometimes they have to shoot people, you watch to many movies..what was done after the shooting? no mention of that eh? wait for the facts to come out...you know i did like this website but I'm seeing all to often too many libtard anti-cops in this forum.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links