Police Confront Broward Judge at Gunpoint

This is a discussion on Police Confront Broward Judge at Gunpoint within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A mix up between addresses causes the police to respond to a burglary call at a house where a Broward Circuit Judge was celebrating Easter ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Police Confront Broward Judge at Gunpoint

Police Confront Broward Judge at Gunpoint

A mix up between addresses causes the police to respond to a burglary call at a house where a Broward Circuit Judge was celebrating Easter with family.

Police Confront Broward Judge at Gunpoint | NBC Miami

Luckily the Judge had the presence of mind to make sure they knew she was armed after identifying them as police.

This story could have gone from bad to worse easily.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hate to think what they would have done next and what lies would have been told if the supervisor had not recognized her as a real judge.

There's something wrong with the training.

More than apologies are in order.

Wow that could have gotten real bad real quick!

Could have wound up a whole lot worse.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This is what is wrong with LE in the country today. It is a mindset, an attitude that they are somehow above the citizens they swore to protect and serve.Without sweeping law enforcement reform, nothing will change and it will get worse and worse unfortunately, especially as more and more of the old timers retire to make way for the new breed coming in.

But Carmita was downright angry. Remember the man outside her kitchen window who pointed a gun at her? Still wearing her pajamas and footies, she approached him afterward. “I said ‘you had a gun pointed at me!’ He said ‘because I felt threatened.’ I said ‘threatened how?'"

She said other officers explained to her that they have families, too, and they want to make it home alive each night. But she says they did so in a condescending way, lecturing her as if she’d done something wrong.

“I know no one apologized, OK? And, to me, if you want to make amends for something, you want to make peace, you apologize, you shake, you leave, you say ‘I'm sorry,’" she said. "And, you know, the cop that had his gun on me, he said ‘well, I was fearing for my life.’ I said ‘really! You were fearing for your life? Really?’ He said ‘forget it - I'm out of here.'"
    pica and Hopyard like this.

Distinguished Member
    Good thing she was a judge, and not a mayor, or the SWAT team might've shot her dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Hate to think what they would have done next and what lies would have been told if the supervisor had not recognized her as a real judge.

Something tells me more will be forthcoming...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

So what are you saying here? Are you saying all LEOs are either misogynistic or racist and liars or just the ones that went to judges house? If just them, why? Do you know any of them personally?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Exactly right I'd like to see apologies from those officers to the judge and her family.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So what are you saying here? Are you saying all LEOs are either misogynistic or racist and liars or just the ones that went to judges house? If just them, why? Do you know any of them personally?
    I'm saying there was: 1) a big mistake going to the wrong house; 2) a lack of restrain and self control; 3) a lack of common civility in not so much as apologizing after realizing their error. If nothing else these guys are guilty of being congenital clods, and I strongly suspect they may be more the norm than the exception.

We'll see if Restuspt's prediction comes true and if whatever he is thinking will come out in the future is more than hopeful thinking.

I never attributed their actions to race, though I would be surprised if that wasn't a factor. I need to go get a dictionary as I don't know the meaning of the silver dollar word you used. I confuse it with miscegenation and I don't think that is what you were driving at.

The article doesn't say if the officers were in uniform or plain clothes. That makes a world of difference.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    The article doesn't say if the officers were in uniform or plain clothes. That makes a world of difference.
    Why? In the dark can one see what is being worn? I don't think so therefore not a issue. Having a gun pointed at me through the window and that being all I see would be.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Have You ever try to look out a lighted room' all she seen was GUN ; ) PS As retsup said She will be seeing $$
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I was not there and I am only getting my information from this one news article but I will comment on one thing. There was no reason for the judge to continue to keep her firearm on her person and walk outside saying that she was armed to the officers on scene. She could have unloaded it put the ammunition in her pocket or separate from the firearm if she she felt the need and then walked out unarmed. Her carrying the firearm out knowing that she was going out at the direction of the sheriff's deputies (she never said she didnot think they were LEO's) was a very ill thought out move on her part. If I put myself in her posistion I would not have walked out of that house armed. My $.02.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    HOLY CRAP, what a boo-boo dey did!!!!!!

Almost like Innocent Man with Tom Selleck.

Whew.
    Especially when the neighbor called the house and said ,"I think someone is burglarzing the house next door.
    And the next thing they see is Five-O with the pistol in the window.
    Scary.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links