Pastor, Church Members Robbed At Gunpoint

This is a discussion on Pastor, Church Members Robbed At Gunpoint within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Cops: Pastor, Church Members Robbed At Gunpoint - News Story - WFTV Orlando SANFORD, Fla. -- A night of Bible study came to a terrifying ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pastor, Church Members Robbed At Gunpoint

Cops: Pastor, Church Members Robbed At Gunpoint - News Story - WFTV Orlando

SANFORD, Fla. -- A night of Bible study came to a terrifying end for members of a Sanford church on Wednesday when deputies said two masked men stormed into the building and robbed everyone inside at gunpoint.
    Anyone, anywhere, anytime.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I just started carrying to church. I always feel awkward doing it though. Does anyone else feel like you should not have too?
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Heard this on the news last night. This happened not to far from where I live. I don't think they caught them yet.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    I just started carrying to church. I always feel awkward doing it though. Does anyone else feel like you should not have too?
    Nick, in a perfect world, no, noone should ever HAVE to carry a gun for protection. But, we do not have a perfect world. We have a fallen world, until You-know-Who returns to make it right. And people will do bad things.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Church is no different from any other place. You just have to tell yourself that, and the awkwardness will disappear quickly. I think as we grow up, we may associate a false sense of security with certain places; but for those of us who are defensivecarry-minded, we have to make that transition and face the truth.

For others, it never really "clicks" for them, and they continue thinking these things... until one day, they're shocked, and pretty much just freeze from taht shock.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

I carry at church! If some BG is looking for a victim rich environment, a church seems to be one of their choices.
    GaryB likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I am with you, no need to invite trouble. I carry and stay away from church both (double carefullll)
    Sig35seven likes this.

This happened just a mile away. It looks like a little church in a small strip mall. We have quite the bit of crime here in little Sanford. Why I carry.

Several of us at my church have our carry permits and my pastor encourages us to carry when we are there.

What a crazy world it's gotten to be. Church used to be a recognized sanctuary regardless. Now even a church is not safe.
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

Sure, criminals should have some respect for God and the church, if they don't have that respect for my church they can respect one of the people in my church that carry. I am sick and tired of this crap.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Ditto's. Anyone, anywhere, anytime....

I also carry at church. BG's realize that is where the money can be found, and I refuse to be a victim.

Nehemiah 4, 16-18 if it helps.

16 From that day on, half of my men did the work, while the other half were equipped with spears, shields, bows and armor. The officers posted themselves behind all the people of Judah 17 who were building the wall. Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other, 18 and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked. But the man who sounded the trumpet stayed with me.

Do I feel like I should not have to? Yes. But feelings don't change facts. And feelings cannot defend my family. I heard someone answer the "Won't God provide protection?" With, "Yes he will, and it just might be an armed Christian like me that he uses."
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I carry at church and do not feel in the least bad about it, there may be a day when I'm called upon to protect the flock - literally. We already have too many examples of some lunatic walking into a church and shooting at will to believe that church is "safe".

I have a good friend that used to open-carry in church. She did this for some time and for whatever reason someone decided that they had a problem with it and said something to the pastor about it. They (the church) asked her to stop carrying and she made the decision to find another church. It is unfortunate that biases shade our reality. I have found that whenever that the subject of carrying in a church arises, most people assume that it's illegal to carry in a church. Where they get this idea, I don't know? I cannot find any statute that says it is illegal to carry in my state and inspite of this I still have people insist on telling me that I can't do so legally.

Given unsubstantiated beliefs about carrying in church, I do not broadcast that I'm carrying in church.

DCG

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I have a good friend that used to open-carry in church. She did this for some time and for whatever reason someone decided that they had a problem with it and said something to the pastor about it. They (the church) asked her to stop carrying and she made the decision to find another church.
    Amazing how one complaint can result in everyone being forced to change their ways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links