Huntsville Al. is not New Orleans. Looter killed.

This is a discussion on Huntsville Al. is not New Orleans. Looter killed. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man Accused Of Looting Shot Dead At Huntsville Store - WHNT HUNTSVILLE, ALó Looting is a distasteful reality when the lights go out in tornado-ravaged ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Huntsville Al. is not New Orleans. Looter killed.

Huntsville Al. is not New Orleans. Looter killed.

Man Accused Of Looting Shot Dead At Huntsville Store - WHNT

HUNTSVILLE, ALó

Looting is a distasteful reality when the lights go out in tornado-ravaged areas.

Madison County Sheriff Blake Dorning says we're "not in a panic mode." But law enforcement officers are combing the darkened streets of many counties in the viewing area to protect residents and their property.

"We've asked store owners and business owners to close at sunset," said Sheriff Dorning.

It's part of the city of Huntsville's new ordinance passed Wednesday night mandating a dusk to dawn curfew. Those who are out after dark face the possibility of arrest.

The warning, however, did not prevent bloodshed at Fuel City on University Drive in Huntsville early Friday morning. A gas station owner took the law into his own hands after a would-be robber broke in.

The alleged robber was shot three times and died.

Looting is a problem in other counties as well. In Hackleburg, in Marion County, looting took place at a local manufacturing plant and a local pharmacy was forced to take extra precautions to protect their supply of medications.

Copyright © 2011, WHNT-TV

2. Remove Ads

I work in Huntsville about 3 miles from that store.Power will be out for the entire city till monday evening at least. Its sad when alot of people lost homes and loved ones and all some people can think about doing is robbing and stealing when thay think people are at thier weakes.
    Its against the rules to carry where i work. My boss gave the ok till power comes back on with the understanding that if someone robs us give them the money.If thay look like thay are going to harm any of my employees to do what i think is best.

A gas station owner took the law into his own hands after a would-be robber broke in.

I just love the way they word things. They couldn't say that the BG left the gas station owner no choice but to defend himself!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Looters are the lowest of low lives, people have already lost everything and some leech wants to take what’s left. I have no mercy for them.
    64zebra, Bark'n and oneshot like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    My family is staying with me now because of the power outage. They are from one of the ravaged areas but their house is fine. They have no power right now. My father stayed behind with his Winchester .4=30-30 and Glock .40cal to hold the fort down until power is restored.

There have been looters in the area and he doesn't play that game.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator

A gas station owner took the law into his own hands after a would-be robber
    broke in.
    The gas station owner didnt take the law into his own hands...the robber did when he decided that the risk of breaking the law was acceptable to him.
    He suffered the consequences.

Kudos to the gas station owner for removal of one scuzball from society.
    oneshot, Freedom Doc and Bark'n like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    A gas station owner took the law into his own hands after a would-be robber broke in.
    He didn't take the law into his own hands, He merely defended himself and his property from a criminal.

The alleged robber was shot three times and died.
    No alleged to it. He's out after curfew. He breaks into a business, where he has no right to be, he's a criminal and thug. The fact that the business owner was there and gave him more than he expected should be applauded.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

We just got power back on at my house in Ringgold GA. So far have heard no reports of any looting. Ringgold PD and Catoosa County SO have kept the hard hit areas of town sealed off. We are a small town and I would not expect to see the same issues of bigger cities here. Although never count out some peoples ability to be scum. We are now and was before the tornado prepared to defend our home.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post

I just love the way they word things. They couldn't say that the BG left the gas station owner no choice but to defend himself!
    Yep, "the cruel gas station owner took the law into his own hands and shot the poor would-be robber"
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Yep, "the cruel gas station owner took the law into his own hands and shot the poor would-be robber"

He was turning his life around........
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    Oh ... I am so sorry, I forgot abut that
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    and he was a good boy who just fell in with the wrong crowd

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    Well, he certainly did just that, didnt he?
    bps3040 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, he certainly did just that, didnt he?
    (heheheh) The crowd with the horns and pitchforks.

I drove through Vilonia, Arkansas the other day and saw a sign that read "IF YOU LOOT WE SHOOT". Apropros if you ask me
    Molon Labe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links