"Alarms donít work when you have a gun pointed to your head..."

This is a discussion on "Alarms donít work when you have a gun pointed to your head..." within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Alarms donít work when you have a gun pointed to your head and theyíre telling you to turn it off.Ē Father: Guardian angel saved my ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SAR in FL
  • 2 Post By ep1953

Thread: "Alarms donít work when you have a gun pointed to your head..."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

"Alarms donít work when you have a gun pointed to your head and theyíre telling you to turn it off.Ē
    Father: Guardian angel saved my family during home invasion | khou.com | khou.com Local News
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Good work on the part of the cop.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

With my alarm, I can enter a special code that turns off the alarm AND tells the cops to come.
    PatAz likes this.
    Best regards,
    Steve
    Ruger P345 Ruger LCP

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

Ex Member
    Dogs, STRONG locks, alarms, firearms, and a plan prevents 99% of these.

While I applaud any time someone in LE can rescue a victim, it would be nice to know what he actually did besides walking in the door and getting shot at.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Thank goodness there was a cop when you needed him, at least this time. Sometimes we get lucky, but not often enough to let your defenses down.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Alarms hahaha what a joke!

I have a doberman, a min pin, and a greyhound - Bio Alarms are the best.

Anyways criminals know they have atleast 2-3 real mins to get what they need and leave before the police or deputies arrive. They always get away, with your loot, before help arrives.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Thank goodness there was a cop when you needed him, at least this time. Sometimes we get lucky, but not often enough to let your defenses down.
    Yeah but sheepish leftist doctrine force fed to the masses about guns are bad and 911 is the only answer to getting assistance when threatened left this family totally victimized. Had a cop not been miraculously nearby the situation might have been grim. Not to mention the cop was useless with out a firearm, so once again firearms in the hands of the law abiding, protecting, won again.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I have an alarm. It's function is to wake me up to grab the shotgun.

As a bonus, the cops should show up in 20 to 30 minutes to determine who is left alive, me or the BG. I hope it is me as my intention is to open fire on anyone breaking into my home. Yes that includes young punks.
    kaboomkaboom and 8th ID like this.

mel
    Not to disparage the LEO that was in the right spot at the right time, but my Mama told me, "a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while." I commend the LEO but this family is awful lucky that they were able to walk away from this. Wonder if the homeowner is considering stepping up to the plate and purchasing a little more piece of mind at the local gun shop?

Links