Home intruder shot

This is a discussion on Home intruder shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another uplifting story and favorable outcome for armed home owner. Warren homeowner shoots, kills teen intruder | detnews.com | The Detroit News...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Home intruder shot

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Home intruder shot

Another uplifting story and favorable outcome for armed home owner.

Warren homeowner shoots, kills teen intruder | detnews.com | The Detroit News

2. Remove Ads

It's a shame that it was just a youngin being a teenager but he shouldn't have been breaking into a house with a knife either. it's almost remarkable how frequently this situation is played out in our country these days

Sad, but when they leave you no choice, it's you or them, BANG!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Another one that failed to make the right choice in life. What a shame his parents didn't teach him any better.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Hmm...did the kid die by lead or by suicide via rapid impact with a hard surface(aka jumping out of the window). If they ever decided to charge the homeowner and claim it wasn't self defense, I'd argue the kid committed suicide by jumping.
    Sorry judge, that poor thing jumped right out of the window. There was no way I could get there in time...

I feel no pain or anguish over it. Age doesn't matter when some dim bulb has broken into your home in the middle of the night intent to do harm. They could be 10 or 16 or 80. I don't give two rats butts. Fact is, someone made their decision and acted on it and lived(albeit for a few brief seconds) with the consequences.

Kudo's to the homeowner and hopefully he comes out of the hospital ok(chest pains).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

TVJ
    Mr Buckshot meets Mr Femoral Artery
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Another repeat offender becomes a dead offender...Uncle Ted likes that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Early retirement for this criminal.

I've worked with kids diagnosed with emotional disturbance in the past. Some kids really are dangerous. Sometimes it's a long history of chronic abuse, and sometimes it's just a mis-wired nervous system. I don't think someone would have to think a bear was a 'bad guy' to shoot it if it was attacking you.

You come in my place with a knife, you will probably get shot. Any moral judgement would be after the fact.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

It is sad that a teenager was committing a home invasion and was killed in the process, but like I now say........whatever.

How many times have these folks been told that if you invade someone's home there is a good possibility that if the homeowner is there, you might get injured or killed in the process? Obviously they just are not getting it.

It is sad for the homeowner to have to resort to deadly force to repel an invader, but like others have said, when someone has broken into a home, I doubt very seriously age is going to matter at that point. I will protect my family and property to the maximum, and if that means killing the intruder, so be it. Sounds cold, but that is the hard fact of life that these types need to learn and understand.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I have to be cautious since I have roommates, but if I did not... and someone broke into my home... Shoot first. Ask questions later. If you have broken into my house, you ARE an immediate deadly threat. Kudos to this man for protecting himself from this ridiculous criminal element that exists in society, today.
    RevolvingMag likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Recently, a 16 year old here, has been charged with murder in the death of a St. Petersburg policeman who approached him early in the A.M. Age is no longer a factor in violence. In fact, I would be more afraid of a youth with a weapon than an adult.

The teen got shot in the leg so i dont think anything would come out of it

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islandp229 View Post
    The teen got shot in the leg so i dont think anything would come out of it
    Sounds like a lot of blood came out of it.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red13 View Post
    I've worked with kids diagnosed with emotional disturbance in the past. Some kids really are dangerous. Sometimes it's a long history of chronic abuse, and sometimes it's just a mis-wired nervous system. I don't think someone would have to think a bear was a 'bad guy' to shoot it if it was attacking you.

You come in my place with a knife, you will probably get shot. Any moral judgement would be after the fact.
    +1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links