Scuffle With Police, Perp Tries to get Officers Pistol

This is a discussion on Scuffle With Police, Perp Tries to get Officers Pistol within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like the criminals are getting more violent. He must be one scary dude that's all I can say. Good thing he didn't get to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Scuffle With Police, Perp Tries to get Officers Pistol

Scuffle With Police, Perp Tries to get Officers Pistol

Looks like the criminals are getting more violent. He must be one scary dude that's all I can say. Good thing he didn't get to use the Officers weapon.

Two officers hurt in making arrest

HUNTINGTON ó Two city police officers needed hospital treatment following reports of counterfeiting at a downtown bar.

Michael Lee Conner Jr., 34, of Wheeling, W.Va., was incarcerated at 2:25 a.m. Wednesday charged with felony counterfeiting and attempt to disarm a police officer, along with two misdemeanor counts of battering police and one count of fleeing.

Criminal complaints allege Conner passed $450 in counterfeit cash just after midnight Wednesday at Jakeís Bar. The payment consisted of nine $50 bills. The bar is located in the 1400 block of 4th Avenue.

Complaints further charge that Conner ran from the scene. Police caught up to him in the 1300 block of 5th Avenue, but that is where he repeatedly tried to take a Huntington Police officerís duty pistol. He was eventually successful.

That officer received a serious head injury, while a fellow Huntington Police officer received injuries to his hand. Both received emergency medical treatment, the complaints state. Their injuries were suffered as Conner repeatedly used his hands and fits to hit the officers.

Connerís bond was set at $75,000
    Two officers hurt in making arrest - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

After he took the weapon, he should have been shot by the other officer! All civility ends when they take an officer weapon.
    Old School and oneshot like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    After he took the weapon, he should have been shot by the other officer! All civility ends when they take an officer weapon.
    Yep at that point he gets the Bin Laden treatment
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    One of the realities of the street is that it is not infrequently the case that if a thug thinks he can take you and/or your partner, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Agree 100%. This fool is lucky. There have been two fatal shootings of people involved with the cops here in my hometown recently. Both tried unsuccessfully to take an Officer's weapon and were shot by other responding Officers.

Lucky, really, really lucky.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Should have gotten the business end of the officers' Glock.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Distinguished Member
    Agreed.

Both officers are very lucky to be alive.

Good to hear they're alive, and I hope there is no permanent injury from the head injury.

I guess this possibly makes an argument for carrying a BUG as well, assuming the officer was still able to stay in the fight at the point he was disarmed.

VIP Member
    He looks like one crazy SOB who does NOT give a crap about life or death.

Blindfold and a cigarrette for him. IMESHO(in my ever so humble opinion)

If you spend your day doing nothing, how do you know when you're done?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links