BG escapes during transport, leads LE on 3 county chase

This is a discussion on BG escapes during transport, leads LE on 3 county chase within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Slippery dirt bag. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key. First on 12: Inmate who led deputies on multi-county chase identified ...

Slippery dirt bag. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

First on 12: Inmate who led deputies on multi-county chase identified as double murder suspect
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Can't blame the guy for escaping... such an act should be expected. He does what scumbags like him do. I hope they fix whatever the issue(s) is/was that allowed him to escape.

I have a huge problem with 1 deputy transporting 3 prisoners,and even if handcuffed and leg Irons they must of not been in a cage,also sounds like the Deputy left the vehicle running while he went inside so the BG's would have AC.I would say several errors occurred and in similar cases a lot of times the Transporting LEO is overpowered and killed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    One more reason to stay out of a Waffle House.

You cannot train common sense into an officer. He/she either already has it or the deficit of common sense will always be the launch point for most of an officer's actions (unless luck intercedes).

Lots of questions to be answered here. Why is he getting them food ? Why are they not in belly chains ? Why is the vehicle left running ? Why not a vehicle with a cage ? And on and on. Glad the perp is back in custody and no innocents got hurt.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

From the article, "Taliaferro County's Chief Deputy Darrell Evans...". Sounds like an admin pogue got roped into transportation and forgot how it works.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Lots of questions to be answered here. Why is he getting them food ? Why are they not in belly chains ? Why is the vehicle left running ? Why not a vehicle with a cage ? And on and on. Glad the perp is back in custody and no innocents got hurt.
    To be honest, a lot of this sounds like cost-cutting that is happening at many prisons in this country.

I cannot help but wonder if the Chief was getting himself something to eat as well, and in fact was the main reason he stopped (with getting the prisoners something to eat being secondary).

Links